Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you like your eggs?

Today I was wondering how others like to fix their eggs. I like them over hard. Yolks not broken but flipped and fried hard. I can't stand runny yolks it turns my stomach. Scrambled would be my second choice.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
poached is my favorite or soft boiled but I can never get all the shell and I cant stand crunching down on shell. I flip out. I also like over medium but that almost never happens in a restaurant. I don't know why they even bother to ask how I want it. I always comes out over easy to almost underdone.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
My personal preference is for soft boiled (white set, though) with well-buttered toast "soldiers" to dip into the yolk. LOL. However, I rarely get the chance to eat them that way. Fried - I like the white set and the yolk runny. Don't know what terminology to use. I do it by frying the egg so the white is almost set then basting the top to finish the white cooking and putting a white "veil" on the yolk.

Mary

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
#1 hard boiled
#2 egg in the hole
#3 fried, yolk broken and well done with sausage patty on a biscuit.
I don't like runny or partial cooked eggs....James

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
I'm with Tambo, I like eggs pretty much any way, lol! Just depends on my mood that day, fried, scrambled, soft boiled, hard boiled, deviled, omelet, Eggs Benedict, in a breakfast casserole, egg salad, breakfast burrito...I feel like Bubba in Forrest Gump, ROFL! :D

But if I had to pick one, I'd probably say over medium, fried in bacon grease (I know, I know, but I don't eat them all the time, and they taste so GOOD!). I like the yolk runny, but the white has to be done all the way through or I can't eat it. Runny whites...shudder!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
No runny anything in my eggs. I always want mine scrambled hard. LOL I love omelets but seldom have them because most aren't cooked enough for me. The whole meal is toast once I see runny, most especially the whites.

·
newfieannie
9,633 Posts
I don't eat eggs. never did. for breakfast I have coffee, toast and some kind of dried roasted fish. that's not to say I will serve you dried fish for breakfast if any of you come to visit me. not at all. I have 5 dozen in the fridge right now. I bake every day. just don't ask me to cook them. I make an awful mess of them the few times I've tried. ~Georgia.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
13,844 Posts
Scrambled. I tried poached this morning and didn't especially like them. Egg salad or deviled eggs are good. Fried once in a while just for variety. Omelets once in a while.

·
Premium Member
7,215 Posts
Agree with Tambo and Callie, I'll eat an egg pretty much anyway you can cook it...but not raw. Pickled is OK too, but probably not my favorite.

B

·
0 Posts
Scrambled in Summer...poached in Winter ..New England style..that's in milk, with plenty of pepper :)

·
Shut the front door!
15,001 Posts
Over easy, in between pancakes or french toast.
Scrambled....eh....that's ok.
Hard boiled on a salad!

Reactions: vicker

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Fried runny, not turned over... Boiled hard or soft... Scrambled w/gravy, or ketchup if no gravy...

·
Premium Member
25,214 Posts
I take them out when white is just starting to appear over the yokes. I like them runny. I will mix them up, when I have enough to do so, which aint now with 4 hens, but will be when I buy another couple doz in a month. Ill put 6 or 8 in the MW after stirring them up, and put salad dressing on them.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts