Braun electric toothbrush-needs fixing-help

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by mikell, Jul 29, 2005.

1. mikell

mikell Well-Known Member

I would guess she allready tried the simple things first!!

mikell

2. NancyinArkansas

NancyinArkansas Well-Known Member

Cabin Fever.Well that is a little above my head ,so my husband will have this job, but Since he can fix anything.I have faith that it will get fixed when I get him around to it. Thank you very much for taking time to respond. I ll let you know. Nancy

3. electronrider

electronrider Well-Known Member

Cabin:

That wat the best round of B.S. I have heard in a long time! LOL

4. cfabe

cfabe Well-Known Member

It's probably not servicable.

5. NancyinArkansas

NancyinArkansas Well-Known Member

O my O my you got me that time ,As you can see I fall for about anything.I sure am glad I did nt ask my husband to look at that long explanation and then I would be the butt of another joke. That is okay because they are always pulling tricks on me.It makes me feel special that you would take the time to pull such a joke on me. On second thought I am going to show it to Raymond and see what his reaction is.At least we had a good laugh.Cabin you and my husband would get along.Tell Wind in her hair that I am used to it-Thanks-Nancy

6. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

Wow, cabin, where'd you come up with all that LOL! :rolleyes: :D

7. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

Naincy, If you jerk your hand back and forth as you use the brush, it will still work, and save you lots of money on recharging expense.
    Better yet, you might do as I do, and put your teeth in a cup on clorox over night.
    Sani Flush -- Cleans your teeth without a brush!

8. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

Try cleaning the unit thoroughly, i.e. remove the brush and clean well around where the steel shaft enters the housing.

Remove the switch plate for cleaning underneath it by forcing the switch plate downward toward the end of the battery pack housing. The switch terminals may simply be in need of cleaning.

To remove the battery pack after its useful life or simply to remove the battery pack---lay the toothbrush holder so that the back of the unit is exposed. Place the unit in the round hole on the back of the holder with the switch toward the top. Rock the unit toward the top to BREAK the bottom off of the unit. The unit is then turned upside down and the motor and battery pack are pushed out by forcing down on the housing while the shaft is against something solid.

These are ni-cad batteries so please dispose of appropriately.

The prices of these units have come down tremendously so I doubt they are worth placing new batteries into. The batteries do seem to last a long time when deep cycled and fully charged.

Great job CF.