Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
bunny slave
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I ask what women do who are not looking to purchase breasts along with their bras? I'm in the market for pretty straightforward bras, and they just don't seem to exist anymore. In every store I've been to, virtually everything is either padded (forget it) or pre-molded into The Approved Fake Shape (for that natural Grapefruit Look).

Are most of the women I see walking around wearing falsies like this?? Otherwise, where are they getting their bras?

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Keep looking, I just found my daughter a really nice "sports" type bra, I think it was a Bali but I bought it at JcPenney. They have a pretty nice selection and if I remember right it was only around $20.

Me? I need a breast reduction and have to buy industrial type bras from online stores. Now that really sucks. I plan on getting my reduction though sometime in the next few years.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Walmart has nice sport bras by Hanes sold 3 for $12 or so.

Of course, to buy them you have to walk past several aisles of those bras that look like they've already got someone in them! :)

Lynda

·
bunny slave
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I have sports bras (I'm a runner). But they aren't appropriate under everything, and are pretty hot in the summer. I just want something simple, unlined, unpadded. I cannot be the only woman in the world who already has her own breasts.

I don't get it. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
My daughters wasn't an actual sports bra, it just was more sporty. Simply, unlined, and unpadded. There are SO many bras in JcPenney, you just have to really hunt down the simple ones.

trixiwick said:
Yeah, I have sports bras (I'm a runner). But they aren't appropriate under everything, and are pretty hot in the summer. I just want something simple, unlined, unpadded. I cannot be the only woman in the world who already has her own breasts.

I don't get it. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
Oh I absolutely H*A*T*E bra shopping! :flame: I am a bit too well-endowed for the sizes they have at the local stores,and usually can't afford the ones online or in catalogs. I usually blow out the underwires in no time. I buy those tank tops w/ a built in bra for extra support. And just TRY to find one for a pre-teen that INSN'T padded! They are few & far between. And don't even get me started on trying to find shorts for a 12 year old that is NOT short-shorts... :grump:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Bras are to keep your breasts from hanging down to your tummy button. :p

Seriously, I shop at a bra store. They measure me and I tell them what styles I want. I have also found some nice bras at Kohls and other department stores.

I hate bra shopping though.

·
Milk Maid
2,873 Posts
lgslgs said:
Of course, to buy them you have to walk past several aisles of those bras that look like they've already got someone in them! :)

Lynda
LOL - or as my 3 year old son reported loudly to me and whole store:

"Look mommy, boobs!"

·
..where do YOU look?
3,920 Posts
What about Avianna, Panache, Le Mystere, or... Cacique (Lane Bryant)?

·
Registered
640 Posts
I HATE bra shopping!! We often go grocery shopping - kids and all - at our super walmart, and DH will sometimes say "Oh, why don't you go pick up a bra while we're here?" and all I can say is "LOLOLOLOLOL!!!" as if I can just run, pick one out, and go. I have to tell him that getting a bra is like a 6 hour procedure to be done when I'm alone...

Last one I bought was one of the boxed playtex bras from walmart, and I always try one several - one from the size I think I am, plus one band size lower and higher, plus one cup size lower and higher. Then I go from there. It's like a puzzle or something. Even then, most the time the bra fits differently after washing. I hate bras.

·
Happy Homemaker
1,793 Posts
I gave up on bras a long time ago! I am a size 38 A! Try finding that!

Now I just buy those tank tops with the built in bra...AHH! Super comfortable and can were them alone or with a shirt! :dance: Now they make the camasoles with the built in bra so the are prettier then just a regular tank top.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was just thinking about this yesterday. I'm not real big in the boob dept, but can I find a simple, pretty, straightforward bra that doesn't have more padding than I have? Do bra manufacturers feel that sorry for the flatter-chested that big puffy padding is now mandatory? I have come to terms with my body! I just want a bra!
:hobbyhors

Whew, I got a little worked up there.

I do have one bra left from La Senza, from years ago, that's nice. But it's black. And now I'm stuck in push-up h*ll, wondering if I can't just start making my own.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Littlebird,

www.fabricdepotco.com carries the Elan bra patterns and the necessary equipment like hooks and elastic. They run about $9.00 each.

Splurge on a yard of nice silk material and you can get three to four (depending on your size) sets of bra and panty for around $30.00.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Victorias Secret is a good place to shop for bras. I've never had much luck with their retail stores though, most of the stuff stocked in the stores is more for looks that function. Try their catalogue. I only buy bras from there and they have the smooth, plain supportive type bras with underwire which I need as a size 36C.

·
Homestead Dreamer
878 Posts
My poor wife has had to fight that for years! After her surgery, though, looks like she's going to be a B/C instead of a DD+. I was suggest the place she uses called Lady Grace. It's an online/catalog place that she's been able to get good stuff from at good prices.

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
I gave up on bras long ago. I have a few thicker tank top undershirts that I wear and one t-shirt material sports bra for when I absolutely have to wear one. I've weeded through all my shirts that require I wear a bra and donated almost all to goodwill. Shirts with strategic pockets or a print are my best friends. I have severe breast cysts and couldn't find just a basic bra with no underwire and padding. That's when I just gave up and went with the undershirts.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts