Boy I feel really stupid!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by ginnie5, Sep 10, 2004.

1. ginnie5

ginnie5 wife,mom,taxi driver,cook Supporter

The repairman was out for the fridge today. Guess what? This thing has an on/off switch. I didn't know that. Apparently though ds found it. At least the reapirman ended his day with a laugh. Now to put some duct tape over that switch so this does not happen again. Moral of the story....get down on your hands and knees and see what looks interesting to little boys who like to "fix" things. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. savingup

savingup Active Member

Oops! We still love ya! :) And the repair guy got a chuckle so you brightened someone's day!

3. chickflick

chickflick Well-Known Member

Coooolll!!! I've got one (nearly new, but moved a time or two) and since it isn't cooling... I"m gonna check it right away!!! :eek:

4. OD

OD Well-Known Member

My 3 month old refrigerator started taking 24 hours to freeze 4 ice trays. I was going to call Lowes & have a fit at them, but just before I called, I dropped a vitamin on the floor & it rolled under the refrigerator. When I got down on the floor trying to get it out, I noticed that the grate on the front was covered with dust. After I got the dust off the grate, I found out that it has a coil thingie down there that was also covered with dust. Long story short, ice freezes in 3 hours now. I guess I should have read the owner's manual.

5. dla

dla Well-Known Member

As far as switches go, our first home had a non-working garbage disposal - the folks before us said it was broken. So I lived without one for six years. Finally got hubby to replace it. As he and a friend were climbing under the sink, the friend said, "hey, I wonder what this button's for?"
    It was the reset button.
    Silly thing is, I can't remember if we ended up replacing the disposal after all, or just lived with the "rejuvenated" one. :p

6. savingup

savingup Active Member

Being a computer tech, I could tell ya LOTS of stories! But I won't, don't like to talk about people.

BUT, here's a hint> your printer and computer ALSO have power switches. LOL

7. insanity

insanity Well-Known Member

HeHe i forgot to take an allen wrench out of my pocket one day.Long story short if they fall into one of the holes in a washing machine they can jam the tube.Look inside good before the repair man,gives you that look while holding it in hand.I wasnt very nice when i called considering we had just purchased it a couple of mounths before. ;) Opps :eek:

8. deberosa

deberosa SW Virginia Gourd Farmer!

Years ago I was on a team that managed a main frame computer system. This was 24/7 support and when the machine went down in the middle of the night with my co-worker on call, he had no choice but to take his sleeping 2 year old with him to work.

This was a huge Sperry Unisys mainframe that took up an entire room. After a few hours he had everything working again only to look over and see his daughter heading for a large red button right at 2 year old eye leve. Yep - She pressed it before he could stop her and shut the whole thing down again! :haha:

9. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

We've all done it about something. I look at it as part of my 'education' fee. Likely you learned something of value from the repairman and know some things to check if anything similar happens again. You may even help a friend with a similar problem some day.

So don't kick yourself for the cash outlay...remember, you thought you might need a new one and now you know something special about your machine!

10. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

I took my car in because the power window was broke.

The lock button was pushed.

Jena