Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomatos, 4 Celeberty, 4 Big Boy, 4 Better Boy, 4 Beefsteak, 4 Super Fantastic. 4 Roma, 4 Ark Travelar, 4 Rutgars, Vegetable Squash, 8Yellow straight neck squash, 8 crook nexk squash, 12 zukes, 20 bush crop cukes, 12, flat dutch cabbage, 3 bags ambrosia sweet corn, 18 June bearer strawberries. That oughta keep me busy

·
newfieannie
9,758 Posts
i've been out all morning cleaning out my rock garden and i see i need to replace a few plants but nothing open here yet as far as i know.

·
Super Moderator
3,417 Posts
Wonderful collection of gardening plants! Oh my I see salsa, marinara or spaghetti sauce, dried, canned, frozen, fresh...etc from the tomatoes.

·
Super Moderator
16,727 Posts
I am planting some extra zucchini and butternut squash seeds this year, under the assumption I can give them to the food pantry

They are not yet up

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
1,308 Posts
Sounds great!

Why do folks buy live summer squash plants? I always plant seeds. They germinate well and very fast.

·
Super Moderator
13,760 Posts
Posted 4/7/21 12:31 AM CDST

My tomatoes are coming up in my boot heel plot where I tossed some of my heirloom tomatoes at end of season that were partially rotted last year, ground them into the soil with my boot heel and covered them with leaf mold to ferment and freeze until this season to thin and cage.

·
Premium Member
25,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I plant plants as I get a late start due to the rain scoming down off a hill behind me and standing in my yard and garden. Ive got my ridges up and tilled them today which ill do tomorrow as were expecting rain Tomorrow or Thurs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts