Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts
here bare farm land is $9000 an acre.

rereation land that can’t be farmed is $3-4000 an acre. don’t know why, land that bad is hard to build on even....

good luck with the plans!

paul

Be sure to put pea gravel or similar around the base of those frost free yard faucets. At least a 5 gal budget full. In fact I usually cut the bottom out of a bucket and slide it over the faucet and set it to the bottom of the trench. Then fill it with gravel. So as to allow the water to easily drain from the faucet when it is turned off. The drain hole plugs off when you raise the handle to run water, then opens up when you close the handle to shut off water. The water in the vertical tube drains out that hole near the bottom.

If your already know all of this then good deal. Might help others who do not :)

Not sure why but it's a good deal, I closed Tuesday. I may log it, might build and flip, might buy 3 acres adjoining and live there.
This is the front of it.
It seems a lot of folks have run for the hills around here. Ever since Stage whatever was imposed we've had more folks in my woods, than all the previous years combined. We even have an ice cream truck cruising the lakes (making a killing no doubt). I think rural land is going to make a serious comeback. Real estate agent tells me it is the busiest ever. After being quarantined in concrete condos in the city, they have escaped. I can't say I blame them...a 100 days in a shoebox with no stores open, other than grocery stores, would drive me bonkers. My only regret is that I only moved one ferry ride away from the city...I should have moved 2 ferry rides away.
Your place looks great...quiet road?

21 - 40 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.