Bored Goats

Discussion in 'Goats' started by GoatLove, Jan 16, 2007.

1. GoatLove

GoatLove Well-Known Member

It seems everytime I look out of my window, my 3 goats are looking right back at me! I am starting to feel bad for them. I have tree stumps for them to jump on, a wagon, boards for them to climb on and a 3-tier 6ft. high stepping system that we built for them, but they always look bored :rolleyes: Anyone else feel this way :shrug:

2. DocM

DocM Well-Known Member

Goats are never bored. They're thinking, always thinking. Planning. Scheming. Yours are just waiting for the right minute to strike....

3. GoatLove

Ha, ha Doc. You are probably right. They just stand there, trying to read my thoughts! Very pensive animals :)

4. rranch

rranch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]This is one of the ways my goaties stay entertained. My son got busted in his late teens with a large beer keg and I found a good use for it. ha ha.

5. GoatLove

rranch, your goats are adorable. I love that idea! I have been wanting to make a see-saw myself, but I can't find the right "round" thing for the middle yet. Wish I had a keg :)

6. rranch

rranch Well-Known Member

Thanks Goatlove. I know this sounds weird, but another thing I do is take them for walks. I have a long gravel driveway(about 1/8 mile long)and it's in the woods, so we just wonder and browse. The goats never ever leave my side. They are more obedient than dogs. WE have a great time and I get my excercise.

7. fishhead

fishhead Well-Known Member Supporter

I used to take my goats for browsing around the pond dikes every evening. It was a good way to unwind.

Goatlove, your goats are probably wondering when you are going to come out to visit.

8. GoatLove

I take mine out for walks on the weekends also. I have a pretty long driveway and they do stay right with me. fishhead-I know. That is why I feel guilty! But I can't spend all day with those sweeties :)

9. WindowOrMirror

WindowOrMirror ..where do YOU look? Supporter

bored goats = destroyed property

be afraid

10. GoatLove

I would be afraid if I didn't have a 5 foot fence around their pen.

11. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

My husband mentioned that to me this morning. Every time you look outside, one is at the door looking back at us but it is more "Feed me" then anything else.

12. GoatLove

:) It is funny that they act like they haven't eaten in years! Must be a goat thing :shrug:

13. GoatLove

I had a flat tire yesterday and decided to hang the tire from a tree in the goat pen. I remember a member here had a tire hanging by a tree also and thier goat loved it! We shall see if that helps thier boredom :shrug:

14. Scrounger

Scrounger Well-Known Member

They also make those balls for horses to play with. Goats love them, too! :baby04:

15. GoatLove

What do they look like?