Border Collie/Hanging Tree pups for sale

Discussion in 'Working and Companion Animals' started by wendle, Jun 23, 2017.

1. wendle

wendle Well-Known Member

I have a few males and females left, 10 weeks old, slick coated, black and white or tri. One of the pups will be a medium coated. They are starting to show interest in working sheep already. Both parents work sheep, goats and cattle. Sire has worked hogs and ducks as well. They are 3/4 Border Collie and 1/4 hanging tree cattle dog. These will be some nice working dogs and/or companions. Both parents are house dogs as well, and easy to have around. PM if you are interested.

2. Jreed

Jreed Well-Known Member

some tough dogs those hanging tree lines

3. Lisa in WA

Lisa in WA Formerly LisainN.Idaho Supporter

I'd love to see pictures.

Still amazes me when people claim that breed means nothing in dog behavior. Herding dogs herd whatever they can...instinctively.

4. Cygnet

Cygnet Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes. The BC/Mcnabb cross puppy I have now is six months old as of July 3rd.

I just had him round up chickens on a third of an acre pasture. They were all over, including under a trailer. He knew they belonged in the barn. He rounded them all up into a tight flock FIRST -- including a twelve pound rooster who fought him every step of the way -- and then herded them into the barn, keeping them all bunched together, even the feisty rooster who nailed him good once. (Rooster has no spurs but can still hit pretty hard, given his size.) No damage to the chickens, even that rooster, and I wouldn't have blamed the dog if he'd gotten snarky back at the roo.

Pure instinct.

Most puppies, when given free rein with chickens, would have had chicken dinner.

Lisa in WA likes this.