Books teaching how to be a bad neighbor!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by crystalniche, Jul 22, 2006.

1. crystalniche

crystalniche Well-Known Member

Did you know that there are books teaching people how to be bad neighbors? Before our bad neighbor began targeting us and other neighbors I was friendly with his ex-wife, then she was his wife. No, one sided with either one of them, we all knew him and tried to be very nuetral. Anyway, one day his ex-wife showed me his collection of books and every one of them was on the same subject~getting even. Many taught how to pull things on your friends, co-workers and neighbors when you think they've done you wrong. He used them for sport. He would pull something then sit back and watch what happened. That guy had a shelf over 2 feet long full of this kind of books. Now he seems to have left that stuff behind and we speak if we see each other. Better this way.

2. ace admirer

ace admirer Well-Known Member Supporter

Yeah,,,,,seen them in the kinda radical firearms magizines,,,stuff like "how to get even" screw'em, most of them are written from the point of view of a person that is basically powerless but has been wronged...so here is a way you "can" get even....i thumbed through one at a show one time...it was basically kids stuff. putting grass killer on a yard, fish in a car, take all the request for subscriptions out of magizines and fill them out using your hits name. not saying i would want a neighbor that has a lust for such literature. bet he thinks alot about the SSS so often mentioned here.

3. crystalniche

This guy was actually doing this stuff and adding his own twists. He and his "child" wife walked into the house across the street without being invited or knocking to inspect things there. He told the father of the 2 boys who were playing on the floor that they were going to turn them in for child abuse because the father was laying on the couch watching tv, the door wasn't locked. In his opinion the father should be right there watching that his kids did not get into trouble, he said the father was dozing. The boys were older anyway, old enough to be outside playing on their own. They weren't even friends but he thought it was his right to do this. That caused a big stink in the neighborhood. They also used binoculars out in the open to watch as another neighbor had a family picnic. They called the police on them for too much noise but they were very quiet. Can you imagine having a family picnic and there stands your neighbors with binoculars watching to see if you did anything wrong so they could call the cops? Lots of other stuff too.

4. Fla Gal

Fla Gal Bunny Poo Monger Supporter

Crystal, what a crock. It sounds like that guy needs to get a life and hopefullly far.... far... away from people that do.

5. Lindafisk

Lindafisk Well-Known Member

Wow, and I think my neighbors are bad! Maybe I won't complain about them anymore. Glad they haven't got a hold of those books yet!

6. Wolf mom

Wolf mom Well-Known Member

Keep a log - date & time & incident. Take pictures. Get enough, then report it. Go to court & get a restraining order. Don't need a lawyer. They're good for a year. If it's violated they can go to jail.

We all need to stand up for our freedoms...

7. ace admirer

ace admirer Well-Known Member Supporter

well yeah,,,with the extra information you posted....you know he's a NUT right? that one,,i'd keep an eye on him.

8. crystalniche

He is a nut alright but he stopped all this a few years ago and has been ok since. Who knows what the future will bring tho. We're just hoping it stays like this. We even speak to him now. It is the neighbors on the other side who are the poisoners etc. They are from NYC and do not like living near animals.

9. dennisjp

dennisjp dennisjp

I think he could have seen me looking at him threw the scope of my 30.06 rifle. Don't think he would have been looking very long, but then, when the cops arrived????????????????????????? :shrug: