Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the mood for some good zombie apocalypse fiction? My wife bought me a copy of "World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War". It's fictionally based sometime after the outbreak of a viral disease that turns people into zombies, sort of like the movie "28 Days Later". It's just a collection of dialogues and interviews of ordinary people telling their stories of how they survived. Very well written too, which is good even in goofier themes.

I've been enjoying it immensely. It's nice winter fare and helps me unhook the ol' horse (brain) from the wagon (my normal workload) and let it wander free and wild over the hills for a time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just finished "Unintended Consiquences" and thought it was a great read. For Christmas I recieved "Atlas Shrugged" and will be starting that one tonight. "Lights Out" was a fantasict story as well.

If you check out frugalsquirrels.com, they have a lot of great reads that are written by the members on the board.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I also just finished reading "unintended Consequences" just yesterday. Very good book. Its crazy long but well worth it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Lights Out is a great story!!!

Go to the forum section and scroll down to the bottom. There is a whole section that is just stories by the members. Happy reading!

·
Living in the Hills
4,534 Posts
I enjoy Sally Six's books. They are Down the Hole, After the Dying Time, and Our Changed World. She self published so I think you can only get them at Lulu. Sally Six Link I think all three are available as ebooks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts