Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also posted in Home Based Business:

I received this message through ebay. I don't have the storage room to handle a big lot of books but maybe you do. (I checked with these folks to make sure it was okay to share this opportunity with others.)

[FONT=&quot]Dear two_much_stuff,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Hi, We are in the process of cleaning out our home for relocation and I used to work for a publishing co. called Storey Publishing. I have several hundred brand new how-to books in addition to some misc, non-fiction, etc. type books. We do not want to lug them along to our new home and are wondering if you would be interested in purchasing the whole lot of them for a very reasonable price. We are located in Hoosick Falls. Please call if interested. 518-779-7221 Thanks![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- ottosattic[/FONT]

Reactions: BlueRose

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have brand new books to get rid of. Perfect opportunity for a book re-seller!

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
I think it's great that you passed this along. If I had more time I might consider it myself, but I just can't take on one more thing right now (I did have to think about it for a minute, lol). It could be a good opportunity for someone. Thanks! :)

·
"Slick"
2,385 Posts
If you buy books for resale, check CAREFULLY the actual seling prices on ebay and Amazon. I would only pay between 10-20 cents on the dollar. Make sure you get an EXACT listin of book quantity and ISBN.

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
There is an outstanding chance that these books are "remainder books", a term used by the industry to describe brand new books that that are no longer selling well in book stores.

I'd be very careful with any offer like that. There is a tremendous possibility that you would be buying a pig in a poke.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I only know what you read in this message. I passed on it because we don't have the storage room so I didn't ask any other questions. Proceed with caution. Depending on the books and what you can get them for it might be a great deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts