Bomb threat today at Daughters school

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Becca65, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Becca65

Becca65 Well-Known Member

My DD15 was off today she has strep throat, but i'm glad she was, they had a bomb threat at the High School.. And it wasn't a kid making the threat either, around 8:15am a male adult called the school and made the threat, so they took it as credible, they had dogs there sniffing around.. The kids had to walk a 1/2 a mile to a safe place in this cold weather, it's only 19 here today, I sure hope they find this jerk and prosecute, why would an adult do that? Well they didn't get much done i guess so DD is happy she didn't miss to much school work..

2. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

A couple years ago our highschool got a bomb threat three mornings in a row. They came from a pay phone. The third morning the police had the payphone staked out. Dumb kid! Skipping school would get you a day off without a police record for life, if you can't stand to be there anymore.

3. Pony

Pony STILL not Alice Supporter

You know, some of those high school boys have some seriously deep voices... It could have been a kid.

Sorry to hear about the scare, and VERY glad that it was nothing more than some weirdo. I hope they catch that creep, too. :flame: Things are bad enough in the world...

Pony!

4. Becca65

Becca65 Well-Known Member

You know, I thought about that too.. some HS kid could have a deep voice, you never know.. now it's trying to figure out who made the call.. it's bad with the gangs around there, then to add threats like that. :rolleyes:

5. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

How frightening! And the authorities have to take these things seriously!

In Green Bay, WI, three boys are being held for trial because they were planning on a Columbine-type of massacre. A mutual friend of theirs went to the laison(?) officer because he thought they just might do it. A heck of a lot of guns, bombs and such were found. What a mess!

I hope your DD feels better soon.

6. Trixie

Trixie Well-Known Member

They do have to take them seriously - each and every time.

We had a bomb threat at the school in our little town. High school and elementary are all together - so the little ones also had to be marched down to the Baptist Church and the parents were called.

Our neighbor was a Deputy Sheriff and he was talking to my husband about the investigation. My husband told him to find some kid that missed school that day, had a test in one of his classes, and lived near a pay phone. It took them about 30 minutes to catch the kid.

7. tchan

tchan Well-Known Member

We used to have that happen almost every day when we lived in Winslow. Especially towards the end of the school year. Luckily we lived across the street from the school and the kids would walk home. A couple of times they actually found dynamite in bathrooms. I thought that was bad, real bad for a town of 11,000 people. But recently in our town of 5000 we have had the entire school system(and pretty much whole town) on lock down because there was an armed person(who had just kidnapped a couple)wandering around the high school. You were not even allowed to pick you child up at the school. They just kept them for a couple of hours. Then I went into town a couple of weeks later and found the entire police force and I think all of the Sheriff's in the area combing the town for another fugitive(armed). I grew up in Los Angeles and had less excitement when I went to school there. I think it is scary but both boys do not want to home school but this is why I left CA. For a safer place to raise my children.

8. hoofinitnorth

hoofinitnorth Well-Known Member

Gosh, we had a few bomb threats at my middle and high schools back in the 1980s and 1990s. Usually they were kids that didn't want to take a test.

9. Pony

Pony STILL not Alice Supporter

Heck, the worst I remember is kids pulling the fire alarm during 10th period English.

Oh, yeah, and there was a walk out one time... Some protest about something. Again, it was during 10th period English.

Hmmmm....

Pony!