bohica

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by pcdreams, Sep 23, 2005.

1. pcdreams

pcdreams Well-Known Member

Gas prices jumped 30 cent a gallon today. The price gouging has already started and the storm hasn't even hit yet.

Anyone want to wager on how hi it'll go this time? I'm gonna say right around $4

2. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

For my area, I would vote $3.75.

It only went to $3.65 for Louisiana, but they have had practice now in raising prices and I see that they are getting an earlier start on it.

3. tramp

tramp Active Member

BOHICA LMAO I haven't heard that "phrase" in a long time. Gas prices; It's friggin' ignorant that people get greedy like that. I always thought that there should be somebody at the gas pumps to kiss ya!!

4. trappmountain

trappmountain Well-Known Member

They are saying 2.75 here today but the jump could take us to 4 or 5/gallon if the storm hits just right. Personally I think they will raise it as high as they want. We have to buy it and they know it! I have personally cut back on my trips per week and it has helped some. But there are places I have to go. I work from home though. My husband is a landscaper and heavy equipment operater and our fuel bills have been terrible. We raised our lawn customers $5 dollars each at the beginning of the season but I think they will have to be raised again next year just to make up for the the fuel costs. They can't get raised to much or we will lose too much work.

5. pcdreams

I feel the same.I think last time the stopped (here at least) at $3.19 simply to see what would happen. Now that they know (as usual) nothing will happen they will jack er on up.

6. Paranoid

Paranoid Homebrewed Happiness

i topped off at 3.10/g last time just because expensive was better than none at all.

But seeing the receipt for $12 or so brought a tear to my eye because I remember when $10 would fill my tank, not just 3-4 gallons of it. And I'm not even that old! sheesh.

7. Ramblin Wreck

Ramblin Wreck Well-Known Member Supporter

$2.59 for regular in Atlanta.

8. tnborn

tnborn Well-Known Member

I want to play. Lets see ..Katrina it went to $3.29. So, I am going to guess Rita will be the reason that it goes to...$5.35 if hit where predicted.
    tnborn

9. Dave in Ohio

Dave in Ohio Well-Known Member

$2.46 this morning and $2.69 this afternoon,
    Columbus OH

10. Deborito

Deborito Member

Gas is $2.99 here in Raymond Washington.

11. mzzlisa

mzzlisa Well-Known Member

$2.79 in Indianapolis.

12. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

comming back from D.C today we paid 2.55 a gallon not to bad

13. dustyacres

dustyacres Well-Known Member

actually here it has gone down in the past 2 days, we are at $2.69 down from $2.79 SE wisconsin

14. dustyacres

dustyacres Well-Known Member

forget to mention, we hit $3.75 when Katrina hit

15. goatlady

goatlady Well-Known Member Supporter

On several other forums, folks who have friends who own gas stations have been reporting the new ORDER price for gas for next week is $4.00 a gallon so it should be more than that at the pump. I know, FOAF but these folks are pretty stable.

16. rzrubek

rzrubek Flying Z

Our Govonor here in AZ has finally done something useful and warned the gas stations that the state Attorney General will be watching for price gougeing. Our prices went way up along with you'alls in the east even though our gas comes from california and nothing changed as far as supply and demand. We are still at $2.89

17. pcdreams

hmm I'm thinking that perhaps this increase will justify cost for a bike. Probally be healthier in the long run (well maybe not with the way the morons drive around here).

18. 3girls

3girls Well-Known Member

Here in Napoli, it is going for 1.35 Euros/liter, or roughly $7.00/gal, US. This is normal, not escalated for storm.