Boer goats must sell.

Discussion in 'Goats' started by justgojumpit, Dec 8, 2006.

1. justgojumpit

justgojumpit Well-Known Member

I have to sell about ten boer goats by Christmas. My goats have to go, because I will be taking on an internship at a beef farm, and my parents do not want to take care of them all winter. If they are not gone by Christmas, I will have to take them to a sale, and I really would rather they not go for meat. Some of them are registered, others not. At this point, I am selling them on a best offer basis.

Thanks to anyone who can help keep my breeding does from the meat market.

justgojumpit

2. TexasArtist

TexasArtist Well-Known Member

where are you located? Could maybe someone goat sit them for you? How long is your internship thing?

3. justgojumpit

I am located in North Salem, NY.

My internship will be all winter, and then I will be back at school for the Spring semester. Then I may or may not have another internship over the summer, hopefully with organic berry and vegetable production.

justgojumpit

4. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

Can you get me a list and prices? I know a couple locals that might want them here in Erie or Crawford Counties.

Ruth

5. justgojumpit

I don't have an exact list right here of what I have on me right now. There are some 75% registered does for $150 OBO and some 50% unregistered does. for $100 OBO I think I have about 8-10 left. My parents have been trying to find homes for them, so it's a bit hard to keep track of from school, which is one of the reasons that they would be better off with someone who could keep better track of them.

justgojumpit