Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired Coastie
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have four young high percentage Boer does (nannies) for sale @ $100.00 each. Two are first freshners and two are second freshners. All hooves are trimmed, worming up to date. Great friendly goats. I live three miles off interstate 40 in Monterey,TN. For more information call John @ 931-445-3228

·
Retired Coastie
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Emily for the compliment, just had a local fellow looking at them. It appears that he wants all four,,,,hope so. Living in beef country sure makes a sale hard sometimes.

·
KS dairy farmers
3,841 Posts
I am impressed by your animal husbandry skills John, always such healthy stock. Last week at the Sheep & Goat Sale in Northern Oklahoma they sold 5 pens(each pen had 10 Goats) of % Boer females(not yet bred, never kidded)- the equivalent of an Open Heifer in dairy cattle terms I suppose - and the pens of ten fetched anywhere from $74 to $77 per head.

·
Retired Coastie
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Up North, as always thanks for the pep-talk and kind compliments. It appears the four are sold, the buyers trailer will be showing up today. He didn't even hesitate, "I'll take them all", I guess I'm doing something right....Thanks everyone for all your advice, and time coaching me into the goat world....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts