Bobs Red Mill

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by SectorSteve, Jan 2, 2006.

1. SectorSteve

SectorSteve Well-Known Member

Just wondering is anyone here has ordered anything from Bobs Red Mill, like bulgar, steel cut oats, etc. With it just being myself and my wife, it's easier for us to order smaller amounts.

2. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

They sell Bob's Red Mill at our local grocery store, so I've gotten it quite a bit there. We especially like the Scottish oatmeal. The texture and flavor are wonderful! So far, I've been really satisfied with all of their products. They are a little pricey, but oddly enough, it's hard to come buy specialty whole grains out here in the sticks.

3. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I use a LOT of Bob's grains - polenta, whole bean flour, bulgar, steel cut oats, 10-grain cereal is our favorite. Great products - highly recommend them.

I get them from our local Natural Food Store - never tried their mail order.

4. Charleen

Charleen www.HarperHillFarm.com Supporter

We can buy Bob's at the local grocery store and also the Health Food store. It comes in smaller amounts which is good if you'd like to try something, but if you want to stock up and buy in bulk, well, it's costly.

I just bought some Flax seed meal to add to our breads.

5. Beeman

Beeman Well-Known Member

Our local Mennonite store carries Bob's products,we buy oats and other grains, so far so good.

6. Jenn

Jenn Well-Known Member Supporter

ordered (for overseas shipment) 50#wheat 50#corn and mult smaller bags. excellent mailorder service and products

7. mom2girls

mom2girls mom2girls

I have never mail ordered but my family loves their products. The ten grain ceral and the gluten free flour mix are the best. Mmmm, I am getting hungy just thinking about it.