Bluefaced Leicesters For Sale

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by Somerhill, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Somerhill

Somerhill Well-Known Member

I have 2 registered 2 year old rams - one is natural colored, and 2 ram lambs for sale. Pictures and descriptions on my website on the sales page.

I also have a friend nearby who has several registered ewes and ewe lambs for sale.

This is a great oportunity for someone to get started in the BFL breed.

For those of you interested in showing - 2007 is the year of the BFL! There will be separate breed classes for the first time ever at Maryland S&W, the Black Sheep Gathering, and our first ever National Show will top off the year at the NYSWF in Rhinebeck, NY in October. At Rhinebeck, there will be special classes for fleeces, yarns, and knitted and woven articles made from BFL wool.

Lisa at Somerhill
    www.somerhillfarm.com

2. Somerhill

bump

3. Somerhill

One of the ram lambs is sold - another one will be if we can get him a ride to Missouri. I still have the two adult rams for sale after we use them for breeding.

There are pictures and descriptions of the rams at my website on the sales page.

The Bluefaced Leicester adds prolificacy, milking and mothering ability, length of loin, and growth rate to their offspring. They excel at rate of gain on grass.

They also have amazing wool!

Lisa at Somerhill
    www.somerhillfarm.com

4. carly

carly on winged flight...

A-maz-ing wool is right! A wonderful spin for anyone interested in a good wool, easy to spin, good staple and soft, but not as soft a Merino, which can fall apart if you don't know the wool. I love spinning BFL fiber---if anyone has any fleeces that are washed and will sell, please pm me........

I can't go to Rhinebeck this weekend-----I have a new dog!!!!!!!! NO pets allowed.....

:Bawling: :Bawling: :Bawling:

5. Somerhill

I have freshly shorn BFL fleeces and also rovings. I will pm you, Carly.

Lisa at Somerhill
    www.somerhillfarm.com