Blueberries.........

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Mutti, May 5, 2005.

1. Mutti

Mutti Well-Known Member Supporter

Know alot of you got blueberry plants from Waters Blueberry Farm as they gave me a free plant for posting their address on this site :) How are yours doing??? Ours had tons of blossoms that the bees gladly worked and one praying mantis cacoon which hasn't hatched yet! We got the three year old plants and well worth the money; will get 10 more this Sept when they start shipping again. Our raspberries are doing great and strawberries blooming heavily so maybe we'll have plenty of fruit this year. Baby pears,apples and plums on the fruit trees already---but after all the crazy MO weather we got thru Monday nite our Concord grape vines got zapped!!!! We thought we made it home free. Drat. Hopefully they'll push out new leaves....would hate to be juiceless this year. Usually get several bushels of grapes from them. A freind lost over 300 lilies Monday...I'd be sick if I lost my 500+....had 'em covered with Remay just in case. Hope spring is arriving at your place......DEE

2. countrygrrrl

countrygrrrl PITA

Mine are doing great! In fact, I'm getting ready for my first blueberry harvest. And they're huge, fat, gorgeous blueberries.

These are very, very hardy plants and from the looks of it, will be very productive. The only things I've done to them are plant in peat and give a cup of coffee every few days. I'm planning on getting a couple more from Waters this fall.

3. T.C.

T.C. Active Member

I just planted 4 blueberry bushes. What does a cup of coffee do for the blueberry bushes?

4. countrygrrrl

countrygrrrl PITA

Keeps them perky and alert, of course!

:D :D :D

5. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

Mine are also doing well. I got four. Going to get a nice bowl full of blueberries. Next year should be really good. :D