·
Registered
34,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What did you feel at lift off?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I'm not impressed...A ticket on that flight cost $30million, and Chuck Yaeger did the same thing in the Bell X-1 75 yrs ago.

Thirty yrs after the Wrights flew at Kitty Hawk, there were several airlines flyng a regular schedule of flights all over the world. ...Fifty five yrs after Kitty Hawk, air travel was so safe, cheap & convenient that the passenger RRs went out of business....

...but 75 yrs after the X-1 all we can do is repeat that "flight" of 10 minutes....It's not much more than an expensive theme park ride.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Two old bald white dudes, a privileged young white kid, and an old white…. manWoMannn…???

Maybe the old one was trans, and that gets Jeff a few points, but, still, where’s the BLM-sponsored, CNN-seconded cancellation of Bezos?!?

I demand cancellation!!!!!

I mean, heck, even the Teachers’ Union UIs know how harmful this was to brown kids, what with not having their perspective represented and such. If brown kids had TVs, it probably would have just looked like static to them.

·
Registered
34,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In a news conference after the launch, Bezos made a special dedication. "I want to thank every Amazon employee and every Amazon customer," Bezos said, "because you paid for all of this."

On Tuesday, after his 11-minute launch to the edge of space, Bezos gave $200 million in "courage and civility awards." The sum is split between chef José Andrés and CNN personality and social entrepreneur Van Jones to be given to charities and nonprofits of their choice.

"I met all these young radical people of color -- I mean really radical, communists and anarchists. And it was, like, 'This is what I need to be a part of.' I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary. I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th, and then the verdicts came down on April 29th. By August, I was a communist ~ Van Jones

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
15,044 Posts
I'm not impressed...A ticket on that flight cost $30million, and Chuck Yaeger did the same thing in the Bell X-1 75 yrs ago.

Thirty yrs after the Wrights flew at Kitty Hawk, there were several airlines flyng a regular schedule of flights all over the world. ...Fifty five yrs after Kitty Hawk, air travel was so safe, cheap & convenient that the passenger RRs went out of business....

...but 75 yrs after the X-1 all we can do is repeat that "flight" of 10 minutes....It's not much more than an expensive theme park ride.
The guy in the lawn chair did almost 4 hours!

·
Registered
17,070 Posts
Elon Musk is saving the best flight for last. In September he will launch 4 civilians into a 3 day orbit for charity. St Jude to be exact. They have been training since March. He won't be onboard.

·
Registered
34,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vermont's Bernie Sanders hit out the billionaire for spending his wealth on flying to space rather than focusing on paying his staff enough on Earth.

‘Am I supposed to be impressed that a billionaire went to space while he’s paid zero in federal income taxes some years and the workers at his company struggle to afford their medical bills, rent, and food for their kids?’ the Vermont senator tweeted.

‘Nope. It’s time to invest in working people here on Earth.’

Fellow Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren also took aim at Bezos over his lack of tax payments, retweeting a post quoting the billionaire’s comments during the press conference.

‘Jeff Bezos forgot to thank all the hardworking Americans who actually paid taxes to keep this country running while he and Amazon paid nothing,’ she tweeted.

·
Registered
17,070 Posts
Vermont's Bernie Sanders hit out the billionaire for spending his wealth on flying to space rather than focusing on paying his staff enough on Earth.

‘Am I supposed to be impressed that a billionaire went to space while he’s paid zero in federal income taxes some years and the workers at his company struggle to afford their medical bills, rent, and food for their kids?’ the Vermont senator tweeted.

‘Nope. It’s time to invest in working people here on Earth.’

Fellow Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren also took aim at Bezos over his lack of tax payments, retweeting a post quoting the billionaire’s comments during the press conference.

‘Jeff Bezos forgot to thank all the hardworking Americans who actually paid taxes to keep this country running while he and Amazon paid nothing,’ she tweeted.
Liz is wrong. Bezos did give thanks to the workers and shoppers of Amazon.

I thought it was kinda weird though.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
[/QUOTE]‘Jeff Bezos forgot to thank all the hardworking Americans who actually paid taxes to keep this country running while he and Amazon paid nothing,’ she tweeted.
[/QUOTE]

I hate to be defending Amazon, but this short sighted politician, as usual, doesn't get it-- By providng so many jobs, Amazon is keeping the welfare roles down, and those workers are paying more in total taxes than Amazon would be paying if taxed "it's fair share" but layng off workers to compensate fore the lost profit...We won;t evnmention state andlcal taxes. Business RE taxes are usually 2x the rate of non-busines taxes.

In regards taking a space flight "for charity"-- wouldn't the charity benefit even more if the cost of the flight (100s of $millions) be saved and given to them instead of wasted on the flight? ...I never understood these walks or runs for charity. If I agree to make a donation after you beg me, what do I care if you take the walk or not?

·
Registered
34,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What my state Senator said on FB

Just a little amused over the last couple of days and years of stupidity. A billionaire shoots a giant dildo 60 miles into the sky and said he is doing it for our future due to climate change and people are in awww.

Meanwhile, farmers who feed the world are considered by urban dwellers as ******** and polluters. They take the sulfur(natural lubricant)out of the diesel, to make it cleaner, and we have to pay to apply the sulfur to the soils due to a loss of atmospheric sulfur sources. They choke the Diesel engine down and re-burn the exhaust with DEF that greatly reduces the life and reliability of the engine. Wonder how many tractors and for how many years could have ran without these stupid measures for ever launch of a hippie billionaire’s giant member?

·
Registered
17,070 Posts
[/QUOTE]

I hate to be defending Amazon, but this short sighted politician, as usual, doesn't get it-- By providng so many jobs, Amazon is keeping the welfare roles down, and those workers are paying more in total taxes than Amazon would be paying if taxed "it's fair share" but layng off workers to compensate fore the lost profit...We won;t evnmention state andlcal taxes. Business RE taxes are usually 2x the rate of non-busines taxes.

In regards taking a space flight "for charity"-- wouldn't the charity benefit even more if the cost of the flight (100s of $millions) be saved and given to them instead of wasted on the flight? ...I never understood these walks or runs for charity. If I agree to make a donation after you beg me, what do I care if you take the walk or not?
[/QUOTE]

I heard it will cost 200 million. The guy paying for it will be on the flight and it was his idea.

I agree that 200 million would do a lot for the hospital but he is thinking the advertisement will bring in a lot more. I hear Elon is kicking in some of his personal money too but the company money is separate for obvious reasons like taxes and board members I guess.

"Why didn't we do this for Shriners instead Elon?"

That golf game between Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers brought in like 50 mil in a few hours. Who knows what this will do? Not my wheel house so I could only guess.

As far as the other, some politicians don't realize just how much Bezos really pays in taxes. All those payroll taxes, real estate and sales tax on items they buy personally for the company. Plus, they create the tax laws and Nancy had been there for years. By that measure alone we could say she is the reason they don't pay enough tax. This is all her fault.

·
Registered
17,070 Posts
Ironic isn't it.
What my state Senator said on FB

Just a little amused over the last couple of days and years of stupidity. A billionaire shoots a giant dildo 60 miles into the sky and said he is doing it for our future due to climate change and people are in awww.

Meanwhile, farmers who feed the world are considered by urban dwellers as **** and polluters. They take the sulfur(natural lubricant)out of the diesel, to make it cleaner, and we have to pay to apply the sulfur to the soils due to a loss of atmospheric sulfur sources. They choke the Diesel engine down and re-burn the exhaust with DEF that greatly reduces the life and reliability of the engine. Wonder how many tractors and for how many years could have ran without these stupid measures for ever launch of a hippie billionaire’s giant member?
Ironic isn't it?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that though his craft looked like that. My sister even said "what's he trying to say?"

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
One little dick with big dick. Ill stop buying from amazon. What a waste of money all 3 billionaire have.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts