Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is 16 weeks pregnant and today is a big day. Today is the day we get to find out what we're going to find out what we are having. * fingers crossed * come on boy . So, this morning after we dropped our oldest daughter off at school we headed to Memphis to see the doctor ,our 4 yr old daughter in tow. When the woman did the ultrasound we told her to write down the sex instead of tell us because we have special plans . So now we're sitting in the parking lot of our oldest daughter's school waiting for school to be dismissed. She is 7 now and getting pretty good at reading, so we told her she can read the sex to us. We have two girls and we're all hoping for a boy this time. The anticipation is killing me.

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
You may want a boy, but those little girls are going to be way happy if it is another girl.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
It's a boy . I'm so excited . I'll have a little hunting buddy now.
How do you know you don't already have one? I'm the youngest of 4, and have 2 older brothers. But, I was the one that always went fishing w/my dad (he didn't hunt). And if he needed help doing things around the house, I was the one that helped.

Congrats on the new baby. Who knows, you may just have 3 hunting buddies.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everyone is really excited. Now to the matter of names . I need everyone's input. Michael Dustin Greer Jr or Nathaniel James Greer. what do you guys think? Of course Michael Dustin is my name (l go by Dusty ) and James is my grandfather. Nathaniel is just a name we like.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Everyone is really excited. Now to the matter of names . I need everyone's input. Michael Dustin Greer Jr or Nathaniel James Greer. what do you guys think? Of course Michael Dustin is my name (l go by Dusty ) and James is my grandfather. Nathaniel is just a name we like.
I like the name Nathaniel. And James is my middle name!

No matter what you name him, I pray for your growing family to be healthy and safe.

Best wishes,
Curtis

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you everyone for your prayers and good thoughts. We're also throwing Eli James Greer in the mix. We like all three so much we need help deciding lol. Well I like all three. My wife is afraid if we name him junior he may not like being a junior.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Congrats! Just because he is a he doesn't mean he will like to hunt. I have one son that did not take an interest in anything farming like the rest of the boys. I was also daddy's helper. Let your girls help you & hunt with you too if they want.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I like Nathaniel and I like Eli a lot, too. James is a good strong middle name. Either one works well when you need to get their attention...as in "Nathaniel James! You get over here this minute!" lol!

My brother wanted hunting buddies. He got two girls. The eldest is a better shot than he is now and seems to bag one every year. So you never know...just might be the girls out there out-shootin' papa someday. :)

Seriously - congratulations!!! What wonderful news for you.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Congratulations!!! Boys are great!

My son and DIL went to get a sono to find out if it was a boy or girl. Turned out to be Both!!! Twins!:D:bouncy: Since they had a single girl the first time, I tease them by saying next time will be triplets! :lookout:

She said No more! The twins were 9 days late and weighed 10 lb and 10lb 10 oz.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts