Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had our gift exchange at our TOPS meeting Mon. night. I got the cutest Christmas apron one of our members made. It is the front half of jeans cut off just under the zipper. It includes the pockets, and the ties are run through the belt loops. Has lace around the bottom. I will try to get a picture of it tomorrow to post.

Our leader read a skit that determined who would get what gift. Lots of passing them left, right and across. The lady who made the apron was sitting beside me and she said she was afraid she was going to get her own gift back. lol

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Oh, I abolutely LOVE it!!! And to think I just cut up 12 pairs of jeans for an Orange Peel Quilt...

Kicking myself right now :p

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I just did this with bib overalls. Added the back pockets to the front with a ruffle on the bottom. I can't post pictures. Turned out cute. Made it for a Christmas gift, for a freind. She has a business at home, carries her phone and pad with her, so I thought the pockets would work better for her. I will try it again, with other jeans as well now. Yours is so cute. Thanks for sharing. Cathy

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, I thought it was just so cute.

She didn't hem the edges, she serged around all cut edges then sewed the ruffle on.

I have several pair of jeans that DH and I can no longer wear because we've lost weight, I'm going to use the legs for a quilt top, then use the top for aprons.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thank you for sharing. Gave me motivation to pull a pair of jeans from a collection I have been saving for a quilt. I used a pair that my dad wore for work--he passed away some time ago. I made an apron for my brother (3rd generation volunteer firefighter) and his wife.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Littlekari, those are so cute. I really like the moffits on the one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I love these so much. Yours are so pretty littlekari. So many possibilities. And it's a pattern that will work even if the jeans are a bit worn at the pockets like so many jeans are. You can just put a patch or applique over the holes and it will still be cute.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts