Blue Berry Bush :

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by dogo, May 4, 2006.

1. dogo

dogo Well-Known Member

I got confirmation on 4 blue berry bushes from Waters Blue Berry Farm today . The price is going up on them next month . I haven't gotten any from them, but heard they were good people to deal with . When I was a young child my favorite pie was Blue Berry . What so strange I have never had fresh Blue Berries . I don't know if they are sweet or you have to add sugar to them ? The bushes will be 3 yo. and will produce the following season . I will receive them the first week in October . So if you want to get in on the lower price, better get in touch with them....

2. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

If you are eating them raw off the bush, the fully ripe ones taste pretty sweet, but in a cooked dish or pie, they need sugar. Do you have a place to set them that has a low soil PH that they require?

3. suelandress

suelandress Windy Island Acres Supporter

blueberry icecream :dance:

4. dogo

dogo Well-Known Member

I really cant say about the soil . Would you give me some ideas ? Like I said, I have never eaten any fresh Blue Berry's , but I 'm looking forward to it . I will do my best with them . Mr. Water's suggest that I remove all the soil in the hole and fill with Pete moss, make sorta a mush and place your balled bush in it . Along with how to take care of them during the life of the bush . Which is thirty years . I'll be mighty lucky to see them reach they're limit . LOL

5. swamp man

swamp man Well-Known Member

I would test the PH before doing anything.If not,you're shootin' in the dark.The"planted a ton of berries-help"thread has some good info on this.