Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone interested in starting a block of the month club ? We could pick a block to do it month to motivate some of us slackers :shrug: Or maybe the choice of 2 block. lots of free online directions to link to . We could show are success at the end of the month . Any takers ????

Patty

·
Registered
487 Posts
Patty,
I would be interested. Sounds like alot of fun. I love looking at others pictures of quilts/blocks. :) I hope several want to do this. I'll be watching this thread.

Winona

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No not swapping. I was just thinking that it could be like an online quilt group working on the same projects. I love samplers , and was thinking if each month we had 2 blocks to choose from that would be nice. then at the end of the month we could post our pictures.

Patty

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sign me up! I finally had to register, as just reading about all the mischievous things you ladies get into was driving me bonkers! I"m truly an unorganized slacker, so this would fit me to a tee!

Let's see, a couple of blocks per month, we'll have a quilt top in no time! Great suggestion Patty!

·
Registered
169 Posts
May I join? I'm new to quilting and a block a month would be a good way for me to learn along without the pressure of a big project. Just please don't laugh at my workmanship!

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
little bird no one will laugh at you. I've made many mistakes as a newbie and everyone is very encouraging :)

I'd be interested in this also, but I'm getting ready to start 2nd shift at my new job and have to finish my cousins quilt, so I wouldn't actually be comitting to one for a while yet.
Heidi

·
HomesteadHopefuls
709 Posts
Don't know If I could get in on this due to my lack of time,but
I had a thought that some of you may be interested in.
My sister and I were going to each do the same block and exchange it with each other, I would give my block to her and she give hers to me and at the end if a year we would basically have a quilt from each other and we were both online and was kind of like we would be working them together.
My sister was killed in a car accident 2 years ago,,about 3 weeks or so after we had decided on this,so ours never came to be, but ,,the idea is still a good one I think for internet buddies.
just a thought.good luck with your blocks and have fun,
Christine

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Patty -
from the way I read this thread so far, you are suggesting that everyone agree on a block that all of you do at least one for your own keeping - that month, and show the photos online. Then the next month, all of you agree again on a different block, do it, show photos..... correct?

Or are you going to pick the blocks and do it.?

Just get the idea solid, and if it's a swap - run it by Karen.

Just things that came along as I read this thread.

(does sound as if it could be fun).

Angie

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes we make our own blocks and keep them. I thought of maybe choosing 2 blocks a month and we can pick one. That way if we hate 1 block we have another to choose from.

I know I do not have time to go out to meetings all the time . I just thought this could be fun and productive . Everyone can join

Patty

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
I have done tons of quilts and have yet to do a sampler. I'm in!
karen in Indiana

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'd be interested in this, too! Might be some months I couldn't get a block done, but it would be fun to share one when I do!

Great idea, Patty - are you volunteering to run this thing and to pick the blocks (say maybe from Quilter Cache or some other easily accessible source) and let us know?

This sounds like fun - thanks for suggesting it....

1 - 20 of 183 Posts