Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
II Corinthians 5:7
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will not go to hospital unless necessary because of coronavirus and local hospital is lousy.

Saturday night - Extremely weak - passed out and threw up blood - twice about 1/2 cup each time of coagulated blood. Managed to get back to bed. Threw up 2 more times - all blood no food - some coagulated.

Been in bed all day today resting - sipping water - sipping goat milk with tumeric and ginger in it. Took some crushed geritol and One-A-Day vitamin. Here late afternoon, felt like maybe I could eat something (have not thrown up since). Only exorcise has been going to the bathroom and to the kitchen for liquids - then back to bed.

Realized I'm not get stronger, I'm getting weaker. Guessing: either lack of food or am still bleeding.

Son got on internet to find what to eat and what not to eat. Some we have - most we don't

Need suggestions as to how to repair a bleeding ulcer without going to a hospital.

Anyone have experience with this as to how to get through it? Any replies appreciated.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Will not go to hospital unless necessary because of coronavirus and local hospital is lousy.

Saturday night - Extremely weak - passed out and threw up blood - twice about 1/2 cup each time of coagulated blood. Managed to get back to bed. Threw up 2 more times - all blood no food - some coagulated.

Been in bed all day today resting - sipping water - sipping goat milk with tumeric and ginger in it. Took some crushed geritol and One-A-Day vitamin. Here late afternoon, felt like maybe I could eat something (have not thrown up since). Only exorcise has been going to the bathroom and to the kitchen for liquids - then back to bed.

Realized I'm not get stronger, I'm getting weaker. Guessing: either lack of food or am still bleeding.

Son got on internet to find what to eat and what not to eat. Some we have - most we don't

Need suggestions as to how to repair a bleeding ulcer without going to a hospital.

Anyone have experience with this as to how to get through it? Any replies appreciated.
Please go to the ER now.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,316 Posts
Ditto. Dying because you are stubborn leaves those you love in a predicament.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Oh please do go to the hospital. We are standing by with our friends whose adult son had a bleeding ulcer and refused treatment. He's so terribly sick and his situation is dire. Please seek treatment. Don't delay.

·
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about the ER. What they would do is put one IV in for dehydration and another for a pint of blood (probably contaminated). Neither of these would stop the bleeding. They would then set up a diet to hopefully stop the bleeding, a diet I could well de better at home.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,316 Posts
Hey. Are you a doctor?

How about assuming they check your platelets. Then they give you a platelet transfusion. And they give you something to take orally, too.

Obviously you have a REAL PROBLEM!!

Choose a real solution.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Please get medical treatment. My grandfather died from one and I spent 5 days in the hospital and received 2 units of blood. I had to be given a drug by IV which stopped it. Also spent 24 hours in the ICU for it. You sound like you are in worse shape than I was. Did not pass as much blood as you and did not pass out. Please get help.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
Call an ambulance NOW. DO NOT drive yourself to the hospital.

Vomiting blood is a dire medical emergency! Do not attempt to treat this yourself.

·
Registered
64 Posts

If you're talking about yourself I am concerned for you.

I understand not wanting to go to the hospital during this whole craziness. Been there done that.

Do please understand that throwing up blood IS A MEDICAL EMERGENCY! It's possible this could be an ulcer, but other problems are possible, too. Definitely consider going into the hospital. If you are losing more blood than your body can readily replace this becomes a danger of losing too much blood and the mild consequences are generally anemia and its' symptoms. More severe symptoms would include fainting, shallow breathing, shock, and death. An ulcer that is bleeding severely can cause internal hemorrhaging, which is also a medical emergency.

A lot of treatments for bleeding ulcers can include proton pump inhibitors whether short or long term depending on diagnosis. They would probably use antibiotics to fight h. pylori bacteria, which is present in many ulcers. A medication prescribed to attempt to coat the stomach or intestines like Carafate or Cytotec might be used. Surgery is possible in extreme cases.

I have had an ulcer before, but not a bleeding one.

The only things I would think to try if it were myself would be micro-particle colloidal silver taken at safe dosages. Making sure to keep your iron levels up. I would probably try to find some matula tea. Eat as natural as possible - no packaged or processed foods that are junk on your body. Avoid spicy, caffeinated, or overly strong spices in food/drinks.

Avoid pain non-steroid anti-inflammatories (NSAIDS) like aspirin, ibuprofen, tylenol, etc. as they make bleeding worse and will be hard on your stomach. Avoid stressing out. You need to read this:

**Stay away from the natural blood thinners!**

~Turmeric
~Cayenne Pepper
~Cinnamon
~Ginger
~Garlic
~Vitamin E
~Helicrysum Essential Oil

I see you're taking turmeric AND ginger right now. I think you are making your symptoms worse with these spices. I would suggest stopping the use of them immediately. I understand they have natural anti-inflammatories and that sounds good for an ulcer, but not a bleeding one! You are actually thinning your blood and promoting bleeding.
If your one-a-day vitamin has a large dose of vitamin E, you may want to reconsider taking it at this time. Also look in all the ingredients in Geritol, too - I am not sure what is all in that. Please lay off the turmeric and ginger, though!

I will say it once more, please do understand this is a dangerous condition. My concern is that this is left untreated and you are getting weak - to me, getting weak like that is a big red flag. I know you don't feel like getting over to the hospital feeling like this and it's unimaginable, but have someone take you and if you have no available ride, consider calling for an ambulance.

If you're able, have someone pack a bag to take to the hospital with maybe something you can use to communicate with family like a cell phone or tablet in case visitors are an issue because of COVID.

If you're confused on my stance on this, I am in favor of you getting to the hospital as soon as you possibly can because if this is this bad already, the chances are slim of it getting better on its' own. I'm all for natural remedies, and I know there is a point where conventional medicine has a place, too. Once you know 100% what's going wrong in the hospital, you can make some more informed decisions regarding your care. When you are good to go home, make modifications to your diet and all of that to try and prevent this from happening again. Address any underlying causes and possible nutritional deficiencies.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, nor am I qualified to diagnose or treat any illness. My advice is not designed to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. Do not use writings in this post to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease or condition.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
I thought about the ER. What they would do is put one IV in for dehydration and another for a pint of blood (probably contaminated). Neither of these would stop the bleeding. They would then set up a diet to hopefully stop the bleeding, a diet I could well de better at home.
They would only give you a transfusion if you need it, and they should never give a single unit. Get to the hospital before you get to this point! This is nothing to mess around with.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
I hope the OP hasn't posted because s/he has sought, and is receiving, desperately needed medical attention.

·
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is David (OP's son). Mom is in bed ATM resting but will be going to the hospital first thing in the morning. She has stopped throwing up and been able to eat a few bites of broccoli with a little cornbread and drank the juice. Also been nibbling on some dry Cherrios then drinking a little goat milk. She remains weak and pale (looks anemic). Her finger nails don't turn pink when pressed and hands remain cold. She thinks she is still bleeding and is worried about internal organs not having enough blood.

Has stopped taking the One a day vitamins and geritol (both have Vit E in them) and has stopped the turmeric and ginger too.

Has been able to get up some and walk around but obviously is still a little dizzy doing this. Hasn't passed out again though.

Will keep you guys posted how she is doing

Thanks for all the help

·
Uncertified Master Chief Village Idiot
1,926 Posts
This is David (OP's son). Mom is in bed ATM resting but will be going to the hospital first thing in the morning. She has stopped throwing up and been able to eat a few bites of broccoli with a little cornbread and drank the juice. Also been nibbling on some dry Cherrios then drinking a little goat milk. She remains weak and pale (looks anemic). Her finger nails don't turn pink when pressed and hands remain cold. She thinks she is still bleeding and is worried about internal organs not having enough blood.

Has stopped taking the One a day vitamins and geritol (both have Vit E in them) and has stopped the turmeric and ginger too.

Has been able to get up some and walk around but obviously is still a little dizzy doing this. Hasn't passed out again though.

Thanks for all the help
David I pray for a speedy recovery...and as much as I hate to say it...get her to that hospital ASAP.

Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Thanks for all the help
Hello, David. Thanks for the update! I'm sorry to hear she still isn't feeling all too well.

I'm not sure what your transportation situation is at the moment, but if you can get her in the car and head over to the hospital right now then that would be best or call for an ambulance. It sounds like she has lost far too much blood and I agree that her concerns are valid. Praying for her speedy recovery!

·
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update...

Ambulance came yesterday morning and took mom to the hospital. ER doctor found out it wasn't her ulcer. It was the lining inside her stomach. Had been damaged due to the amount of Ibuprofen and Goody's powders she had been taking. She got a pint of blood then was tested with high blood pressure. Got a room and was sposed to spend the night. But after talking to 2 doctors upstairs she didn't want to stay. They were wanting to give her medications with dangerous side effects. She declined and called me to come get her. (They also wanted her to to eat jello with high citric acid content and some "processed" chicken soup high in fat - both are bad for an ulcer and damaged stomach lining...)

She has been much better since being back home. Stopped at local grocery store last night on the way home to get some foods to help her with building up her blood and to help healing an ulcerated stomach lining. I also insisted she take some Pepto Bismal last night too to help lower the acidic content in her stomach. Found out this morning she was up at 4am frying up some liver.... Just can't keep a good person down :/

Anyway she seems to be doing OK for now but obviously still needs rest and next time I go into town (when our monthly checks come in) will fix her up with some iron supplements and other stuffs to help keep her blood count up while concentrating on foods that won't aggravate her condition and should actually help the healing process.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts