Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
construction and Garden b
7,378 Posts
in a clean fly free enviroment then chill when bled! don't want too hear of a pig roast with stomach aches!

·
Registered
530 Posts
If you are going to shoot it, best to use a 22 between the eyes. He will drop instantly. step in and cut his throat. You'll see the pumping of the blood. Can you handle it? It gets kinda rank in the summer time.

·
Banned
4,808 Posts
excuse me...
has anyone ask the pig how they feel about this?

most folks take the "oink oink oink to mean "kill me kill me" but I dont think it means that.

sit down and discuss it with thepig, and try to unbderstand his view as he jabbers away in pig at you... you might not want to whack him after that.

if you do, my kin who used to do such things without asking always said whack the piggy with a hammer out cold and then slit his throat, let the heart pump them dry. I did watch them do this (without asking) my uncle used a railroad spike sledge, sort of a blunt pointy hammer. one skillful whack, pig drops and sighs, still breathing but out, and yes in about 5 min he is empty and stops breathing.

I always wondered how they knoew the pig was out cold.... my uncle said "he dont answer when you call his name does he? musta not heard ya."

how quaint....

Just my second hand knowledge, any animals i butcher were dead when the cars hit em.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
You want to catch the Blood have you a Big Cup full. :eek: You think I'm BSing,seen lots of people do it.

Make some Blood Pudding to ;)

big rockpile

1 - 7 of 7 Posts