Bleach tablets

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Miss Lynne, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Miss Lynne

Miss Lynne Well-Known Member

A few weeks ago someone had asked about where to find bleach tablets. I get a catalog from www.shophometrends.com , and they have bleach tabs. they are on page 41 in thelatest catalog and cost $9.95 for 10 tablets . each one makes a gallon. I hope this helps. You can request a catalog on line if you like. :benice:

2. hassette

hassette Well-Known Member

Yikes! Pretty expensive for 10 tablets. I finally found mine at Home Depot and I'm pretty sure I paid less than $2 for the pack of 10 tablets.

3. hunter gatherer

hunter gatherer Well-Known Member

It seems to me that these things should be alot less expensive. I rarely purchase bleach, but I seem to remember it being not much more than $1.00 per gallon. Seeing as though, by reducing their product down to a tablet, a "bleach producer would be saving ( substantially, I may add) in the packaging ( no more plastic bottles) and the bulk and weight of shipping, I do not understand why the consumer would be expected to pay almost the same price for a bleach tablet as they would for a bottle of pre-mixed bleach.

These things should be available for a fraction of the cost.

4. hunter gatherer

hunter gatherer Well-Known Member

Ah Ha! That's more like it!

5. holleegee

holleegee Well-Known Member

I have some (magic brand) but on the back it says to dissolve 1 tablet in 1 gallon of water and use one tablet per wash for stain removal and extra white clothes. So I guess it isn't the same strength as regular bleach?