Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Unapologetically me
20,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The oddest thing happened.
We were standing outside last evening, and noticed a blanket about 20 ft up in a tree.
Upon closer inspection, it was the blanket from the dog house/pen.
Now, the pen is on the north side of the house, and the tree is on the south side. We haven't had a big wind for a few weeks.
How in the world would a blanket get all the way up in a tree?
The only thing I can come up with is a big owl or hawk made a try at one of the dogs, missed and got the blanket?
Any theories?

Reactions: 101pigs

·
Registered
27,503 Posts
The oddest thing happened.
We were standing outside last evening, and noticed a blanket about 20 ft up in a tree.
Upon closer inspection, it was the blanket from the dog house/pen.
Now, the pen is on the north side of the house, and the tree is on the south side. We haven't had a big wind for a few weeks.
How in the world would a blanket get all the way up in a tree?
The only thing I can come up with is a big owl or hawk made a try at one of the dogs, missed and got the blanket?
Any theories?
I'd say a bird. Owl makes sense.

Reactions: Cornhusker

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
How big are your dogs? I have had a owl or hawk take chickens, but never a dog. How big is the blanket, I have seen Ravens carry things off.

·
Unapologetically me
20,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How big are your dogs? I have had a owl or hawk take chickens, but never a dog. How big is the blanket, I have seen Ravens carry things off.
Aside from the 120 # St. Bernard, we have Bobby who is maybe 10 # and Toby who runs about 18-20 #

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Peeping tom?

·
Registered
27,503 Posts
Clearly you’re very gullible To believe this kind of nonsense.
Chupacabras only get one set of wings.
My neighbor raises them exclusively for their wings and natural regeneration abilities. It takes less than a week for them to grow back, and the new growth wings are much more tender.

·
Premium Member
19,725 Posts
Do you have a link for that?
it sounds like a convenient way for a Chupacabra eating barbarian to excuse his crytid crimes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts