Black widow spider!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by trob1, Sep 1, 2006.

1. trob1

trob1 Well-Known Member

:flame: I found a black widow spider under the goats sleeping bench when taking them down. I had decided to move the benches outside cause they think they are supposed to stay in the barn all day peeing, pooping and eating. All they needed to be more comfy was their own TV. LOL Well now I am glad I did if it was going to harber black widows. Should I be worried I hate spider but really hate ones that bite and hurt.

2. Milking Mom

Milking Mom COTTON EYED DOES

I'm not sure what area you are in, but here in S.E. Texas the black widows have been horrific this year. I have killed several of the great big females. They love to build under things like that. Be careful out there.

3. Cashs Cowgirl

Cashs Cowgirl Well-Known Member Supporter

I almost grabbed one in my garden a couple of months ago while weeding (in flip-flops and gloveless! :rolleyes: ) I just happened to see another weed I missed and went for it instead and noticed out the side of my eye, a black spider with a red mark and did a quick relook! Boy was I glad I didn't grab that clump of weeds! Now it's gloves, rubber boots, pants, and long shirt for me when in that garden!

Saw another in there the next week as I was walking around. Smash them all!!!!! We don't need that kind, give me a huge banana spider any day-even though they creep me out too!

4. LynninTX

LynninTX Well-Known Member

ick I am pretty sure I have them... their webs look different... but even sneaking out at night with a flashlight I am not finding them. Makes me a tad skittish though!

5. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

Yeah, we have them too, even see the little pitiful looking males now and then. This summer has been so hot (how hot is it? The hottest August in recorded history here)..that we have not even had fire ants, flies, grasshoppers or even snakes lately...so haven't seen spiders either. I think everything is dead....no kidding...everything is dead.