Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This fella was had the chickens all aflutter the other night. No eggs yet, so he wasn't doing any damage that way, but sure had the birds upset. Knew for sure he couldn't swallow any of our birds, but wasn't sure if he was smart enough not to kill one. So he got put in a bucket and relocated the next morning several miles away.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Glad to hear that you didn't kill it. Other than eggs and an occasional chicken, they are very beneficial to have around.

·
II Corinthians 5:7
10,272 Posts
I agree. My black rats...all named "Blacky"...are welcome to eggs around here. It is when they go after the baby hatchlings that I get upset; however, if I set the brooding hens up in the brooder pen, Blacky cannot get in there. So all is good!

NOTE: I did learn black rats are "social" creatures and will winter with copperheads; so don't be fooled when you hear black snakes keep other snakes away.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
One time I moved a Black Snake from my Chicken House to my Garden 200 yards away. Next day had two in my Duck Shed eating my Baby Ducks. I killed them both.

big rockpile

1 - 4 of 4 Posts