Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far....Walmart worker gets trampled to death by NYers waiting in line to get into the store. and now, 2 people were shot to death in Palm Desert ToysRUs store.

Good God...what is WRONG with people? Has consumerism gotten totally out of control?

Lady on the phone with FOX now...from inside the store. She's saying she thinks it was gang related (palm desert shooting)

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay. so I'm sitting here crying over this poor man...extra help....34? years old...opening the doors..the people just broke down the door and trampled him. Knocked down a pregnant woman and she went to hospital. The Wal-Mart workers couldn't get to the man...over 2,000 people streaming in the doors to "get the deals".

"When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling 'I've been on line since yesterday morning,'" she said. "They kept shopping."
so. Any chance this will shake stores up enough to get them to stop the "black friday" frenzy?

·
mean people suck
2,532 Posts
Well, they musta had better deals there than here. I went to HellMart but not til about 9am..nothing was marked with it's sale price..you had to find one of the price checker machines. All the merchandise was just thrown on pallets that were lined up down some of the wider aisles. I was not impressed. I picked up a couple of sale movies and a coat for my son. Then I left. Also, there didn't seem to be alot of people buying. I heard alot of complaining about nothing being priced properly.

That's sad that guy died over some cheap China made products at HellMart. WTH has gotten into people?

Unfortunately, I think Black Friday is here to stay for awhile. How would they stop it anyway? No store is NOT gonna have a sale on that day when the competition has folks lined up outside to spend money.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i used to deliver to that wal-mart store in Valley Stream,N.Y.
i just heared about it a fiew min ago.
i really feel for that guy's family.

·
Premium Member
4,443 Posts
Why can't they make that sale last several days instead of one day only. I hope Walmart gets the holy carp sued out of them for the death of that man. His family deserves the money after something like that.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
That Walmart is 30 minutes from me. :(

A friend of ours went to Circuit City last year for a TV. While on line overnight, employees came out asking what each person was waiting for and they gave tickets for each product they were wanting. So this way, you went into the store and knew you already had the product and just had to go pay for it. It kept the mob from going crazy going into the store and my friend said it was calm and quiet. Why can't WalMart do that??

What happened is a crime and I so hope some people have charges filed against them. For the rest of the idiots, I hope they understand what happened and atleast feel a LITTLE guilt as they watch their cheap TVs and whatever else they "had" to have.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
I took 2 of my kids to Walmart to pick up a new PC. The ONLY thing I wanted. Well, I grabbed a scanner,printer,copier too while there. It was unreal the way people were acting. I told my kids to run for it if it got out of hand as it wasn't worth dying for. We grabbed our stuff & got the heck out of there! People are just NUTS!!! The lines for some stuff was crazy. When it hit 5:00 the people tore into the shrink wrapped stuff like lunatics!

·
Missin Sweet Home Alabama
879 Posts
Black Friday has been out of control for a long time. Every year some store employee gets injured or killed, because of the stampeding crowds. It is a shame.
I don't even go out anymore, personally there is nothing worth putting up with that kind of crowd.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
rkintn, no doubt. Stores here didn't have anything much either.Tennessee must be a dry spot..lol But they did have plenty of rude, pushy, greedy people. :(

·
Registered
464 Posts
The T.V. station here also said that the pregant woman who was trampled also lost her unborn child. What a horrible horrible situation for families during this holiday season.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
This kind of thing has happened before and many stores have set up systems to avoid the stampeded.

Black Friday shoppers can be real animals, but I think Walmart is at fault since WalMart didn't plan this event properly.

deb
in wi

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
I do not go! The tv views of people running and pushing their way into the stores makes me sick....Fools, all of them...

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
I do not go! The tv views of people running and pushing their way into the stores makes me sick....Fools, all of them...
My viewpoint also. Saving a few bucks is not worth dealing with the crowds, and to risk the possibility of getting involved in something like what's happened in New York, I can only shake my head in disbelief. People, in general, have become so cold and heartless. Where is our world headed to?

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
I can say that the true meaning of the season is sure not showing on black Friday!

·
Registered
392 Posts
I wonder if, when people are trampling over each other to get a 'deal', they are thinking about Jesus' birth, and the joy of the holiday season? This is horrifying to me, for so many reasons.... :(

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
I told my Mom she was nuts for going out at 3AM this morning!! I can't believe people can be so nuts,stampeding & killing people for a BARGAIN!! I had to go to Wal MArt today to get the baby's glasses fixed,but I waitied until late in the afternoon. You could not PAY me enough to go out in the morning on Black Friday!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The T.V. station here also said that the pregant woman who was trampled also lost her unborn child. What a horrible horrible situation for families during this holiday season.
Apparently, that was a rumor...the woman and baby are fine, praise God. I went out to Walmart at 5 am...and it was wonderful(actually, pretty sparse...not a good sign for the stores). We got right in(didn't even wait in the line outside), they had plenty of merchandise, all the registers were open, and customers were helping each other find things. Same thing happened at Target and Kohl's. I think it's the inner cities, where there is ONE store and a large population, where it gets crazy. We have 4 WM's, 2 Targets, one Kohl's and a huge mall in a 30 mile radius :rolleyes:, so the people spread out. I'd assume the big mall(which has a WM and Target) was more congested...but the ones by us were fine.
Truthfully, if the only stores I could go to were in the big cities, I wouldn't even consider it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts