Bitten by the worst bug in the world

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by myheaven, Aug 17, 2006.

1. myheaven

myheaven Well-Known Member Supporter

It happened just a few days ago and Im still trying to recover. My head is still spinning. Dh was bitten too. if you want to see what it looks like just click the link. I warn you now its very freaky and you may run.

http://serp.la.asu.edu/clipart_dir/m...imag/stork.gif

Yes I know its a stork. I WANT ANOTHER BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dh wants one too. We cant afford another baby but we want one so bad. You would think With 5 kids, 1 husband, 1house, 3 barns, 2pigs, 13chickens, 5ducks, 6guineas, 1 dog, 1 cat, 19 rabbits and 2 girls due to kindle in 5 days, 5,000 sf garden crops, cows, and goats soon to come Id be busy enough and not want another baby but NOOOOOOOOOO my brain just keeps saying you know you want another one. you still have room in the suburban. ANYONE WANT TO BUY A SUBURBAN??????? 2 kids will be in school this year. so ill have free time. Gianna is so independent already. She is such a help also. she loves to clean and help with the animal chores. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!! DO NOT ENCOURAGE ME!!!!!!!

2. famer_manda

famer_manda I Love CHICKENS!

I knoqw your pain :p go for it!!

3. Jerngen

Jerngen Perpetually curious! Supporter

lol! My wife is 7 months pregnant with our second. I keep saying I would like three and she says "I don't think so!" :) Who knows, maybe she will be bitten by the bug in a couple more years! lol

4. Tonya

Tonya Guest

I'm an adoptive Mom and my baby turns 2 next week. I caught myself wondering the other day if her Mom was pregnant and still using....... :flame:

5. suburbanite

suburbanite Well-Known Member

N. Calif./was USDA 9b before global warming
    Do you really want a new baby, or is it just that you can't imagine adjusting to suddenly having time 'to yourself' with both kids in school?

I suggest you try having both kids in school for a year to see how you like it before having another baby. Don't make too many life-changes at once. You may find that having school-age kids, you need those 'downtime' hours with no kids at home to catch up on everything else before all the 'soccer mom' stuff you need to do for them in the afternoon. You'll be surprised how all that 'extra' time you thought you'd have, isn't.

6. PyroDon

PyroDon Well-Known Member

My wife said if I wanted more than two I had to carry and give birth to the next one . :Bawling: We have two .

7. Jerngen

Jerngen Perpetually curious! Supporter

I offered at the beginning!! <she smacked me upside the head> :cool:

8. PyroDon

PyroDon Well-Known Member

Oh my
    Maybe I should post excerps from my married mans guide to surviving a pregnant women from mood swings to delivery

9. Peacock

Peacock writing some wrongs Supporter

I kind of want one too...my kids are 8 and 10. I am fully aware that having another baby right now would be NUTS. :) I'm 38. Too old. :) DH was going to get the Big Snip early this spring when he had a week's vacation, but instead we bought a new house and moved! I think neither of us are truly ready to get rid of the option.

Do what feels right to you. The idea of planning this stuff has always seemed weird to me, but I've always been a planner, down to my kids' birth month!

10. PonderosaQ

PonderosaQ Well-Known Member Supporter

If you want help to recover look at the prices of doing things with older kids. Then look at the cost of the things they need, nothing fancy, just enough to not feel really poor. Check out the price of college. Might help calm down the reaction to the bite!

I raised 5 kids but I just can't imagine being able to do it with prices the way they are now. Maybe you could borrow a baby or babysit. Might fill the need for a while!

PQ

11. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

Speaking of storks----

Baby stork learned early on what his parents did for a living, delivered babies.

When Jr. reached adolescence his parents were quite proud of him. However one evening Jr. didn't come home at dark as usual. As a matter of fact he didn't arrive home until morning.

His worried parents grilled him thoroughly upon his arrival. Where have you been? What have you been doing?

Jr. replied, "I was just out having a little fun. I was going door to door in a college dormitory watching kids faint when they saw me."

Stork visits indeed.

12. Slev

Slev Well-Known Member Supporter

freakishly, both my wife and I orginally wanted 3 kids. When we had our 1st, it made us a real family, then we had our 2nd. She was very colicky, and both of us said we should go back to having only one.

That said, we did survive our 2nd child, (mostly I ran away and let my wife carry our little girl on her hip with her fist in her gut) ...kinda hard to explain, and it sounds bad, but really we are good parents and didn't beat our little kids, ...we waited until they were much older! now my son towers over me and could take me in a blink of an eye. But I tell him I have a list of guys I know could take him, so he pretty much stays in line.

Our 3rd child is the brightest and offers the best chance of landing a good job that will pay enough to support us in our old age. I'm ready for that day today, but she is only in the 7th grade, so I will have to keep working for a few more years.

On topic, we are happy with 3 kids and having them when we were both young enough that they will hopefully be out of the house while we both are in good health to travel and go out to eat. I'm even thinking of renting a place in town, just so we can have pizza delivery again...

13. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

I went to a friend's house last night. She has a 6month old and her SIL has a 7 week old. :nono: No more babies for me. My girls are 18 and almost 15.

14. Pony

Pony STILL not Alice Supporter

I am at the point where I am willing to wait a few more years for my two to start having children of their own.

If that doesn't work, I will find a family without a grandma and be friends with them.

It's not that I would put any pressure on my kids to procreate -- I lived through that with my folks, and it's just plain stupid. (Why in the world would people who loudly declared how much they despised parenting insist that I have children? ... I digress...)

ANYway. Wouldn't force anyone to have kids, and while I am still physically capable of having more... No way. I am too tired! ;)

Seriously, I went through a phase in my 30's where I thought I wanted more. God saw fit not to bless me again, and I can see the blessing in just the two we have.

I'd be typing this from a funny farm if I'd had any more. :rotfl:

Pony!

15. coalroadcabin

coalroadcabin Well-Known Member

Except for the part where you said you can't afford another baby, I'd say go for it. I think everyone should have as many children as they can afford.

16. Hip_Shot_Hanna

Hip_Shot_Hanna Well-Known Member

I had my tubes tied simultaneously with the birth of my third child (C-section). For years after that I somewhat regretted that decision, and longed off and on for another baby. Especially after reading books by Mary Pride when I was homeschooling. I finally just decided to be very thankful and grateful that I had three wonderful, healthy children that were kind and loving people.

I then got to the age that I DIDN'T want any more children. I don't know what age that is - just that at some point that was not what I wished I could do. I'd guess it was between 35 and 40.

However.. my marriage disintegrated when my third child was 18. I've always been grateful since for the fact that I had no younger children at that time. That's not a good reason for not having another, but it's still truth.

If your heart isn't full yet.. then I suppose it's time to think about another baby. My belief is that children are a blessing and inheritance from the Lord. To quote (paraphrased) Mary Pride on this subject:

Whether you agree or not (and I know a lot won't!) she did make an interesting point about choosing our blessings. :)

One thing about this "bug" you have at the moment.. that feeling will diminish after a while. Maybe it's time to count the blessings you have? (Not saying you don't, just that it's a good time to go back and count them anyway.)

HSH

17. Aintlifegrand

Aintlifegrand Well-Known Member

I have four beautiful children all grown now and one perfect 2 month old grandson...I am 45...I longingly wish I had had more.. maybe two or three more. I think we had our children so close together that we were overwhelmed with the four and made the decision not to have anymore. I say go for it. Children make your life so much more fulfilling. :)

18. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

edayna:

I was 41 when I had my first and 20 months later I was blessed with my second. They keep me young.

I wasn't cured from the bug after the 1st one. I kept getting sucked down the baby aisles at stores and I got teary eyed at other ladies' baby showers. After the second one, I was too busy to even think about it any more.

Everyone always says how much fun large families are, but I often wonder if the children don't suffer from not getting as much one-on-one attention as they need. Also, your chances of a Down's syndrome baby increase dramatically after 35. Adopting or fostering might be a better option. Fostering would be more economical as they give you a pittance whereas with adoption they charge you a fortune.

19. Tabitha

Tabitha greenheart

you sound like a blessed mom. I am sure the money part is not such a big deal, you have everything already and the kid would have lots of hand me downs everything. you would nurse and save the cost of babyfood. some folks would call you selfish, the earth is too full already, but we need kids from good and stable familes for the future, not more welfare kids from teenage mothers etc. It is your decision, we can have opinions from "are you crazy to go for it" but it is none of our business. the time factor, from my observation, lots of kids in a family seem to raise themselves to a certain extent, we had neighbors with nine kids and their house was ---- and span, the kids did everything and the parents were the proudest.

20. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

There is a cure for this bug. Just raise a few teenagers. You'll be cured. :p