Bishopville South Carolina area

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by country friend, Jul 13, 2004.

1. country friend

country friend country friend

Hi
    I have been here for a long time . Just do not post much.
    I am tired of the cold winters here in Indiana. I would like to know as much as I can about the area around Bishopville South Carolina .
    Thanks Country Friend Jack Bunyard

2. southernchick

southernchick Member

Hi, I just saw your post!! I live in the Bishopville area and love it here. I moved her from Wateree Lake in Lugoff last August. I never thought I'd like living in Bishopville...........in fact, I never thought I'd like living anywhere but on the lake. Bishopville is a very small, very friendly little town. I think you'd love it here as much as we do.
    Are you moving here or just curious about the place? Keep me posted!!

Karen

3. country friend

country friend country friend

Karen
    I would like to move there The area sounds great on what I can find out about it. Are there any great sites on the net about Bishopville or are there any news papers that I could get by mail that I could find out more .
    Thanks Country Friend Jack Bunyard :)

4. A good way to find out is to go to GOOGLE and in the search type in "Bishopville, S.C." and you should come up with all kinds of information on Bishopville.

5. southernchick

southernchick Member

Jack, I'll see what I can find and will let you know. It's such a small town ,that its probably not going to be much available. We do have a newspaper thats published every wednesday. I can get you a copy of that. I'll see if I can find a few pamphlets........will keep ya posted.

Karen

6. Karen
    Thanks for the help the News paper would be great . I will pay you for it plus the postage. I tried a few weeks ago to find out about this area but not much luck on my computer search. I had found a nice place on yahoo realestate for a fair price . I have live in Indiana all my life but would like to extend my garden growing season and get away from the cold cold winters.
    Thanks Country Friend Jack Bunyard

7. southernchick

southernchick Member

Good Morning Jack,
    No need to worry about sending money for postage or the newspaper. Just email me your address and I will be more than happy to send the items to you.

email me at twoandsouthern5057@yahoo.com
    Thanks,
    Karen

8. sewsilly

sewsilly Well-Known Member

Hi, I've been a native of SC all of my life (44 years! LOL)
    You can get some great information at www.SCiway.net.
    Good luck!

9. Little Quacker in OR

Little Quacker in OR Well-Known Member

Just noticed this thread. are all of you people there OK after the storms?

LQ

10. southernchick

southernchick Member

We're doing fine. TY for your concern. Here in Bishopville, if it hadnt been for all the weather reports, we would have never known anything was happening!! lol
    It was pretty much just another cloudy day here.....May God be with those people in FLorida......our prayers and thoughts are with them all.

Sewsilly, nice to see another south carolinian here! I've been a native of SC all of my life.......51 yrs (shhhhhhhhh)....

Have never thought of moving to another state, although my son tries to get me to moved to Danbury, CT.......I think I'd better stay here! The traffic is way to heavy there for me.