Birthing day website

Discussion in 'Goats' started by TwoAcresAndAGoat, Jan 2, 2004.

1. TwoAcresAndAGoat

TwoAcresAndAGoat Well-Known Member

Maggie's buckling kid is almost 24 hours old now and I have Zack's birthing day web site up and running at

http://www.geocities.com/marlagoldnc/ZACK.html

Due to excessive traffic at the above web host (it is still a good link) I have added the information to an addition web host at:

http://ourfarmsite.com/web/goats/twoacresandagoat/Home.html

There is a seperate link to Maggie expelling her afterbirth it is kind of icky but I thought first timers would benefint from seeing a normal delivery.

Both mother and son are doing fine

2. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

He is sooooo cute!!! I want a baby goat!!!!Waaaaa!!! My doe is due in late late May to early June if she settles(She got bred for a second time yesterday, as the first time she reabsorbed the babys).

MotherClucker

3. GREAT PICTURES!

Thanks for sharing! I really like the color of mom and Zack. My Nubians are all tri-colored with spots of white. My Fawn had triplets last spring and threw 1 doe that was salt and pepper (brown trim)like the dad, 1 buck that was medium brown with large white patches and black trim, and 1 doe that is the red brown (like mom) with large white patches and white and black hoofs. She likes to drop hers from a standing position...likes me to play catch!

Congratulations!

4. cdathey

cdathey Member

He's so cute. I love kids. We had one yesterday too. We named her Sarah. DH needs to get the digital camera out there. Ole' Sassy (the mom) decided to have her while we were out shopping. Figures.... she can be soooo sassy :haha:

Congrats!!!! :) :)

5. Carol in Mich

Carol in Mich Active Member

Thank you!!!! We are debating whether or not to breed our Nubian for a spring/summer birth. We both work and have three young children. They would love it, but I'm worried that we won't be home to help Juliet. THANKS for letting me witness this.

Carol

6. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the pictures. My Nubian doe has kidded twice, the 1st was a buckling and last year was twins, a doeling and a buckling. She is due later this month and I have never seen her kid. She always has them in teh middle of the night and in the morning we go out to the barn and there are clean, nursing kids. Her doeling Cimmanmon is also pregnant. Long story, ex DH let her go in with her father because "she wanted to", yada yada yada. So I'm very concerned about her kidding. Since we are displaced right now, the goats are being boarded near my job, which is 20 miles from where we're living (staying with my sister). I can only go over in the morning before work for a quick look in and morning feed and back in teh evening after work. The place they're being boarded is in the woods and there's not light so we have to get out before it gets dark. They are in a nice concrete block shed with lots of straw, but I am so worried about her because she is so young. I'm praying for her to be okay. You're baby is so cute. His mother looks like my first doe, Jill. She was killed in an unfortunate accident, but we still have the buck, Jack.

7. Nice web site, thanks for sharing!

It's is helpful to now what to expect when my goat has her babies.

8. Was doing a quick search on Goat birthing and just wanted to thank you for your sight.

9. Hello

Hello Guest

With my first kids due in the spring I found this web site very helpful.

Thanks

10. seahealth

seahealth Well-Known Member

I would like to thank you for putting that very informative web site together. A well done job & very helpful for many I am sure. :)

11. TwoAcresAndAGoat

TwoAcresAndAGoat Well-Known Member

with kidding seadon comming around I thought this thread might be helpful again.

12. Al. Countryboy

Al. Countryboy Well-Known Member

I just told acouple of fairly new goaters about this site and know that these pictures will be very helpful.