Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Happy Homemaker
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, DH's bday is tomorrow and I have NOTHING for him. No money to buy anything.

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS??

I planned on cooking him dinner (I always do that so it really isn't that special).

The kids decided they wanted to give him one of their toys. They are in their bedrooms looking right now! :)

Please if you have any idea's of something special we can do we would greatly appreciate the ideas!!

I have been sick with a head cold the last couple days so I have put it off till the last moment! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Can you find a favorite show on tv or a dvd and watch it as a family? Maybe pop some popcorn or make your favorite treat? Family time is always sweet.

Breakfast in bed is always nice! You could get your kids to help if you wanted.

Do his chores for him so he has a break for a day?

I hope this helps!

Kat

·
NJ Rich
1,239 Posts
We here are sure he knows all too well the family situation. He would be hurt if you spent much needed money on him instead of more important things.

Some of the best gifts I ever received was a hand drawn/written cards and a "Good Hug" given with love.

Material things last just so long. Trust me, a Good Hug lasts forever.

NJ Rich :)

·
NJ Rich
1,239 Posts
Hey Folks,

How about all of us sending him a "Wishing You a Happy Birthday" from all of us too him? Nice touch from HT Folks............................. This is after all "A Family". NJ Rich :dance:

·
NJ Rich
1,239 Posts
Hey Barnyardsfun's Hubby,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY from one of the HT'er's

We all hope you enjoyed the day.

NJ Rich :) :) :) :) :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Myself always enjoyed just a quite day or eve with the family. Of course a few hugs and a happy birthday song would be nice. These things always meant more than anything from the store would have meant. One year long ago when my kids were small we spent the eve star gazing and I still remember it. Plz tell him HAPPY BIRTHDAY for me and thank you for caring that much. Have a nice day with him and good luck. Sam

·
Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK
3,306 Posts
At our house we do not spend a whole lot of money on birthday presents. We have our birthday parties on Sunday afternoons, and Great-grandmother, Uncle Donny, and our 6 grandchildren and their parents come.

We share a modest meal--potluck, and have a birthday cake (homemade), and maybe some pop and ice cream. The fun is the celebration and blowing out the candles--and just getting together.

I keep Betty Crocker cake mixes on hand--it seems we have a birthday every couple of weeks around here. But it gives us an excuse to get together.

I'll bet your hubby would love a homemade cake and a nice meal together. That's enough.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Write him a love letter. Get gushy, write out one of your favorite memories of being with him, get steamy, lay your heart out on the page - whatever works for you.

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
The most cherished birthday present I have ever received was a coupon book from my children with such things as back rubs, dad's TV day, animal feeding etc... Have the kids make one and you make one for him yourself and present it "later".....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts