Billy Goat Hair

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Step, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Step

Step Well-Known Member

Someone at one of the other groups I belong to is looking for Billy Goat Hairs to make a tincture for perfume. She posted the 'stinkyer' the better.

I don't know anything about perfume other than it smells nice or goats, other than I like the milk and they're sweet animals, so if anyone has any to spare, please email me at bridgingnutrition@yahoo.com and I'll forward the information to her. She's in CA and is willing to pay. Thanks

2. steff bugielski

steff bugielski Well-Known Member

I got some stinky beard hairs. Well not me , my buck.lol.
    Got to wonder why!
    steff

3. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

I've got 3 stinkers out in the pasture...they were a lot smellier a month ago, though.
    Can't imagine buck aroma as a part of a perfume, but hey, if she wants them...

:D

4. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

Ooookaaaay.....

Are you sure this isn't for some kind of Love Potion #9 kind of witchcraft? :p

5. Sher

Sher Well-Known Member

LOL...I cannot imagine this! Someone actually wants a third of my Micky's hair? Hope color doesn't count! This is so bizarre....

6. goatlover270

goatlover270 Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, I cannot help but laughing my head off!!!! :rotfl: :p I have never heard of such, for perfume I would have to agree with Jillis and just couldn't imagine using goat hairs for perfume. WOW, talk about a stinky fragrance :1pig: LOL
    Well, I definitely could contribute to them. I mean as long as it ain't no illegal thing going on or something. I have got some billys out there rutting around and going nutts over the nannys that are in heat.
    Soon as one goes out of heat, another comes in, boy, sure keeps them billys excited, for nice terms :benice: :whistle: :whistle:
    How does she want us to get them to her? Is she going to pay for shipping as in other words, shipping aint free, I need postage costs LOL
    Yea and by the way, did she say, color does count? I got all kinds..

7. Mountaineer

Mountaineer Well-Known Member

Isn't skunk still used in many common store bought perfumes? It used to be.

8. dezeeuwgoats

dezeeuwgoats Well-Known Member

I think it is the musk that they are after. (??) I've heard the thing about the skunks too. Evidently the same quality that makes it so hard to get rid of the bucky smell on your clothes, your hands, and anywhere the buck touches - just happens to make perfume longer lasting! Not sure if they mask the smell, or get rid of it somehow, or just take the teeniest iota of an amount - but that's what I've heard.

niki

9. Step

Step Well-Known Member

This is all very new to me, so I don't know what the process is. However, she put out the request and thought the good people of this community could help.

Evidently Yahoo.com has been having some problems of late, and I actually had to post a different email address on that other groups board because she had posted that none of the email she was sending were getting through.

Finally she contacted me and if you have tried to email me at the Yahoo.com I haven't received anything. Please send me your email address so that I can forward her the information to contact you. Here's another email address, other than the yahoo one I posted: nutritionsteps@aim.com

From the little she told me, this process takes a year before completion and will need quite a few Buck Hairs..

Thanks again...

10. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

I think I read that it is civet musk that they use in perfume, which is a relative of the skunk.

Wow, a YEAR to make the perfume? I had no idea that it took so long to make a batch of "smell-good"! I'll e-mail you. :)

11. mare

mare Well-Known Member Supporter

none of us need to buy perfume anymore--we just need to go out to the bucks pen??? lol lol i dont know i get some weird looks when i've been to the bucks pen-no matter how much i wash, i can still smell it---i myself like a sweeter perfume.