Homesteading Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
33,464 Posts
Nor do I.
I chose a traditional stay at home mom and wife role and I’m a Feminist.
Can you offer your definition of Feminist?

This is from the wiki
Feminism is a range of social movements, political movements, and ideologies that aim to define and establish the political, economic, personal, and social equality of the sexes. Feminism incorporates the position that societies prioritize the male point of view, and that women are treated unjustly within those societies.​

I saw the article taking umbrage with some things that fall in that range of social movements.

Now let's turn to the harmful forms of feminism, which I coin hostile feminism. I shall restrict my discussion to four key issues.​
1. From the onset of the movement, many radical feminists rapidly converged on the erroneous idea that if women are to be treated equally in all walks of life, it is important to demonstrate that men and women are indistinguishable beings. Hence, all sex differences short of one's genitalia were attributed to socialization.​
2. Some forms of feminism have been harmful in that they have built an ideological foundation that is anti-male. Apparently, misogyny is reprehensible and evil but misandry is virtuous and laudable. I am sure that most readers are familiar with the words of Andrea Dworkin and Catherine MacKinnon to the effect that all men are rapists, and that heterosexual sex is nothing short of rape.​
3. In the strange world of academic feminism, the knowledge bases of venerable scientific fields are suspect if not incomplete because men have been the major contributors in those fields.​
4. The feminist movement has created confusion regarding the permissible dynamics between the sexes. Men and women no longer trust their Darwinian instincts; instead they seek to adhere to new "feminist" rules of intersexual conduct, as they are highly fearful of being accused of being "sexist pigs" or "tools of the patriarchy."​

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
Nor do I.
Mostly what I have seen is people who don't evolve with the marriage. The person you were thirty years ago is not the same person today. Sometimes it just can't be helped either. It's just the way it is.

I am one of the lucky ones and we have been pretty much lockstep for 25 years.

I do know when I am in trouble though and so does she 😂.

·
Registered
16,577 Posts

This is from the wiki
Feminism is a range of social movements, political movements, and ideologies that aim to define and establish the political, economic, personal, and social equality of the sexes. Feminism incorporates the position that societies prioritize the male point of view, and that women are treated unjustly within those societies.​

I saw the article taking umbrage with some things that fall in that range of social movements.

Now let's turn to the harmful forms of feminism, which I coin hostile feminism. I shall restrict my discussion to four key issues.

1. From the onset of the movement, many radical feminists rapidly converged on the erroneous idea that if women are to be treated equally in all walks of life, it is important to demonstrate that men and women are indistinguishable beings. Hence, all sex differences short of one's genitalia were attributed to socialization.

2. Some forms of feminism have been harmful in that they have built an ideological foundation that is anti-male. Apparently, misogyny is reprehensible and evil but misandry is virtuous and laudable. I am sure that most readers are familiar with the words of Andrea Dworkin and Catherine MacKinnon to the effect that all men are rapists, and that heterosexual sex is nothing short of rape.

3. In the strange world of academic feminism, the knowledge bases of venerable scientific fields are suspect if not incomplete because men have been the major contributors in those fields.

4. The feminist movement has created confusion regarding the permissible dynamics between the sexes. Men and women no longer trust their Darwinian instincts; instead they seek to adhere to new "feminist" rules of intersexual conduct, as they are highly fearful of being accused of being "sexist pigs" or "tools of the patriarchy."

But there are all kinds of toxic attitudes besides that.

A feminist to me it's someone that wants to be treated equal and reciprocates that feeling.

·
Registered
33,464 Posts
But there are all kinds of toxic attitudes besides that.

A feminist to me it's someone that wants to be treated equal and reciprocates that feeling.
Sure there are. I don't think they meant it to be an exhaustive list, just their top few. Your top few might vary.

·
Premium Member
20,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

This is from the wiki

Now let's turn to the harmful forms of feminism, which I coin hostile feminism. I shall restrict my discussion to four key issues.​
1. From the onset of the movement, many radical feminists rapidly converged on the erroneous idea that if women are to be treated equally in all walks of life, it is important to demonstrate that men and women are indistinguishable beings. Hence, all sex differences short of one's genitalia were attributed to socialization.​
2. Some forms of feminism have been harmful in that they have built an ideological foundation that is anti-male. Apparently, misogyny is reprehensible and evil but misandry is virtuous and laudable. I am sure that most readers are familiar with the words of Andrea Dworkin and Catherine MacKinnon to the effect that all men are rapists, and that heterosexual sex is nothing short of rape.​
3. In the strange world of academic feminism, the knowledge bases of venerable scientific fields are suspect if not incomplete because men have been the major contributors in those fields.​
4. The feminist movement has created confusion regarding the permissible dynamics between the sexes. Men and women no longer trust their Darwinian instincts; instead they seek to adhere to new "feminist" rules of intersexual conduct, as they are highly fearful of being accused of being "sexist pigs" or "tools of the patriarchy."​
I believe women should have equal rights and equal access to opportunity. Not more, not less.
The term “feminism“ is politically and socially fraught at this point. People dislike using it because no one knows what exactly is implied when it’s said.
Kind of like people who eat an entirely plant based diet but won’t call themselves “vegan” because it implies something other than diet.

·
Premium Member
26,577 Posts
Anyone remember My name is Earl?
His dad lost 2 mayoral elections because of Earl.
I loved that show! But I missed the episodes after the paternity test on Earl Jr. Our station changed the time and VCR's were no longer available.

·
Premium Member
26,577 Posts
Nor do I.
That is so hard to do in a 2 income, "so what do you do?" world. IME other women didn't think much of those who stayed home to raise their own children.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts