Big Udder

Discussion in 'Goats' started by lijj, Jul 7, 2005.

1. lijj

lijj Well-Known Member

I have a 2 year 3 month old Oberhasli who has started to get a big udder... she's not bred (I'm pretty sure of that, because there are no billy goats in a 5 mile radius of my house). She's healthy other than that. But why does she have a big udder??? :confused:

2. dale anne

dale anne Well-Known Member

Howdy...does she have a lump in the udder?...being sure she isnt bred to I wonder if she could have some kind of contusion to it causing it to fill with liquid ...such as she bumped it hard or another goat horned her udder....does the udder feel hot? is it hard or liquid filled feeling[squishy]...I'm not sure but can it be mastisis?....maybe vivkie will see the post and know a lil more about it...but I would check for lumps and injury....hope this helps till better advice comes along...dale anne

3. lijj

lijj Well-Known Member

No, there's not a lump... Maybe she did bump it, but I don't know. It feels warm, like the rest of her body. It feels squishy.

4. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

If it's not injured, doesn't feel lumpy or hot...maybe you've got a virgin milker? See if you can express milk.

Meg