Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first year I have had any success growing pumpkins. I grew a couple biggins! :D As a matter of fact I never grew a pumpkin as big as the little ones you can see it the picture. I hope the big ones last until Halloween.
Steve

·
Registered
747 Posts
Buckrun said:
This is the first year I have had any success growing pumpkins. I grew a couple biggins! :D As a matter of fact I never grew a pumpkin as big as the little ones you can see it the picture. I hope the big ones last until Halloween.
Steve
steve good job, i havent had that kind of luck with them ever !!!!
i get lots of nice medium sized kins, but never anything bog !
enjoy the "cinderellla coach" little ones, they are great for pie !!!!

MY favorite way of cooking them, is simply splitting , seeding and baking , like any other squash , add cinnamon butter and brown sugar to the squash , and VOILA , my kids call it "easy pie"
:D
Beth

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
Great punkins!!! Nice looking punkin fairy too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh those pumpkins are really nice!! WIll make great Halloween faces!! Wow!! I sure hope they last till Halloween for you!! By the way...what kind are these pumpkins and....did you put anything on them...like fertilizer?? or Miracle-Gro?? I do hope you share your punkin-growing knowledge!! :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don’t remember what type of pumpkins they were. Just suppose to grow big. I sprayed them with a mixture of Sea Magic from Park Seed and I mixed some Miracle-Grow and Epsom Salt with it and sprayed it one the plants every couple weeks.

I think the Sea Magic is really something. It made a big difference in my garden. I’ll be using it again. Without the Miracle-Grow. Want to go all organic.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts