Big fish story

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by pickapeppa, Sep 6, 2006.

1. pickapeppa

pickapeppa Well-Known Member

We went to visit my folks this weekend past. They have a small stocked farm pond there with bass and blue gill. Dh has been wanting to go fishing there for quite a while, as we don't get over that way very often.

He spent the two whole days fishing. On the first day caught five nice bass, and Dad caught a several nice blue gills. I went out there to see how things were going cause my tastebuds were all set for a good fish fry, and he said "Well, just look in the basket." So I looked.

"Oh, that one's pretty nice. You have a couple of nice bass in here."

"A couple? I think you'd better look again."

"Nope, just two."

So I picked up the basket to see if I could get a better look, the fish started flopping as fish do, set it back in the water.

"There should be at least four or five bass in there. You'd better look again."

So I take another peek and there's one bass and one blue gill.

"Now wait a minute, I know there were two bass in here before, now there's only one."

Dad looks puzzled, says what the heck happened to them. He pulls the basket out of the water and there's an escape hole in the side.

Cripes! The entire next day didn't even bring a single catch. It would have been so nice to have some fish for the freezer. Now we'll have to wait another year.

:Bawling:

2. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

Hurting fish offends me wouldnt this better be found in the outdoors forum LOL just kidding!

3. pickapeppa

Funny you mentioned this. Dh told me, the fish escaped on their own accord and deserved their freedom. They won, he lost, fair is fair.

4. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

Still that fish fry sure would have been nice....

5. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

I tell my friends at work about the ones that got away, but they don't believe a word especially when I tell them how BIG they were, now isn't that odd??? My wife keeps saying she is going to put up a sign in my den that reads "I fish, therefore I lie."

6. pickapeppa

Lol.

7. pickapeppa

Um, sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Jnap, if it weren't for you, I would never have known there was an 'outdoors' forum here.

8. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

It is a new thing the Vegetarians and Peta people made us do so they wouldnt be offended by posts like this one. :rolleyes:

9. whodunit

whodunit Well-Known Member Supporter

I thought you were going to tell us that you cleaned a big fish to find another smaller one inside and yet another smaller one inside that one!

That would have been a story!