Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
Joined
·
21,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would say this is cutting it a little on the close side :help:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_yTNo36YOs&mode=related&search=[/ame]

big rockpile
 

·
If I need a Shelter
Joined
·
21,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
momlaffsalot said:
Too bad the lion didn't get him.
Now why would you say that? Maybe you don't know the whole story.A woman had already wounded the animal,these guys were just putting it out of its misery :shrug:


big rockpile
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
laffs--You may or may not agree with hunting or shooting anything-whatever. The tone of your post is hateful. Your disrespect for human life overshadows your concern for animal life.

Maybe your post was in jest--at least I hope so. TnTnTn
 

·
If I need a Shelter
Joined
·
21,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rockin'B said:
If that's not a canned hunt I'd be surprised.
How do you figure? :shrug:

big rockpile
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,134 Posts
I had heard of tigers attacking people riding elephants, but I always thought it was a myth until I saw this:

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=pQSlTCAKucM&mode=related&search=[/ame]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Some people have watched some many Disney movies and cartoons that they have no idea of how life is really in the wild.

Every time I hear someone say they would like to see an animal win and kill the human you haft to wonder just what in the world is wrong with them? Why would anyone wish that an other person die or be killed?

I my get into trouble here but I just can't for the life of me understand how anyone can make such a hateful statement or even think that the life of an animal is more important that that of another human being. :shrug:

digdirtplantharvest
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,134 Posts
digdirtplanthar said:
Some people have watched some many Disney movies and cartoons that they have no idea of how life is really in the wild.

Every time I hear someone say they would like to see an animal win and kill the human you haft to wonder just what in the world is wrong with them? Why would anyone wish that an other person die or be killed?

I my get into trouble here but I just can't for the life of me understand how anyone can make such a hateful statement or even think that the life of an animal is more important that that of another human being. :shrug:

digdirtplantharvest
Ask a blind person if they'd kill their dog to save someone on death row...Ask someone who's invested a lot of time and energy and their money into their livestock only be content to watch someone try and steal, while the owner is armed...I can imagine plenty of situations where I value an animal more so than some creatures who try to pass for human.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Reptyle said:
Ask a blind person if they'd kill their dog to save someone on death row...Ask someone who's invested a lot of time and energy and their money into their livestock only be content to watch someone try and steal, while the owner is armed...I can imagine plenty of situations where I value an animal more so than some creatures who try to pass for human.
This is comparing apples to oranges. The thread is about a hunt and a loin and hunter, not about livestock or domestic animals at all.

The question is when does an animal become more important than a human being?

Also if you shoot and kill someone in most states for steeling your livestock you are the one that is going to go to jail. I'm not saying it's right but just because you have livestock and someone is steeling them doesn't give you the right under the law to kill that person.

A guide dog may be a different matter as under the law it is part of the owner. The guide dog can go anywhere that the owner goes including the hospital.

digdirtplantharvest
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,134 Posts
digdirtplanthar said:
This is comparing apples to oranges. The thread is about a hunt and a loin and hunter, not about livestock or domestic animals at all.

The question is when does an animal become more important than a human being?

Also if you shoot and kill someone in most states for steeling your livestock you are the one that is going to go to jail. I'm not saying it's right but just because you have livestock and someone is steeling them doesn't give you the right under the law to kill that person.

A guide dog may be a different matter as under the law it is part of the owner. The guide dog can go anywhere that the owner goes including the hospital.

digdirtplantharvest
You're rationalizing now, but ealier your statment was a bit more broad...I just pointed out that there are circumstances in which some people might value their animals more than another human's life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Reptyle said:
You're rationalizing now, but ealier your statment was a bit more broad...I just pointed out that there are circumstances in which some people might value their animals more than another human's life.
I reread my post and it was all related to wild animals even the remarks about people not knowing how wild animals even live in the wild anymore.

I'm not rationalizing. I'm asking a real question that if you ever feel like you need to kill a human over an animal how do you justify it not only as a human being but under the law? How do you justify even making such statements?

You are the one who is trying to rationalize killing someone even to protect your livestock. Now you might be able to do that for yourself but not under the law that we all must live under.

The days of hang them high is over for one simple reason. About 1/3 of the men lynched didn't even do the crime that they were accused of. It was simple back then to say I guess we made a mistake but now you no longer can use that excuse.

I've yet to see an animal that I have owned even as pets worth another human beings life. I know under the law you don't have that right. They need to be trying to kill you or harm you or your family in most states inside your home.

digdirtplantharvest
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,134 Posts
digdirtplanthar said:
I reread my post and it was all related to wild animals even the remarks about people not knowing how wild animals even live in the wild anymore.

I'm not rationalizing. I'm asking a real question that if you ever feel like you need to kill a human over an animal how do you justify it not only as a human being but under the law? How do you justify even making such statements?

You are the one who is trying to rationalize killing someone even to protect your livestock. Now you might be able to do that for yourself but not under the law that we all must live under.

The days of hang them high is over for one simple reason. About 1/3 of the men lynched didn't even do the crime that they were accused of. It was simple back then to say I guess we made a mistake but now you no longer can use that excuse.

I've yet to see an animal that I have owned even as pets worth another human beings life. I know under the law you don't have that right. They need to be trying to kill you or harm you or your family in most states inside your home.

digdirtplantharvest
You are incorrect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Reptyle said:
You are incorrect.
I don't know what you are saying that is incorrect?

I also don't think that you have ever have been ask to take another humans life.

I see your still a young pup yourself.

If you think that men who were hung in the old West was all guilty you need to do some real research yourself on just how many men were hung only later found to be innocence of all kinds of crimes.

Liquor killed more innocence men than anything else in the old west. Someone would be put in jail and the towns people would get drunk, get a mob attitude and then haul them out of jail then hang the man before they even got a trail. That is a lynching.

I also see your from Texas. I will haft to do some research on Texas law to see if you can still kill someone for taking your animals but I will tell you that in most states if you shoot someone and don't kill them you will loose everything in a law suit anyway and go to jail but if you kill them you have lost everything and you may face the death penalty yourself.

Anytime you talk of taking another humans life you had better have a better reason other than taking their life over some animal. You are talking about 1st degree murder in most states, not protecting your family.

It's been some years since I was just a backwoods lawyer, some 40 years since I hung up my suit but the law has only changed more towards protecting life.

digdirtplantharvest
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,398 Posts
TnTnTn said:
laffs--You may or may not agree with hunting or shooting anything-whatever. The tone of your post is hateful. Your disrespect for human life overshadows your concern for animal life.

Maybe your post was in jest--at least I hope so. TnTnTn

No, my post was not in jest, this looks like, as Rockin B said, a canned hunt and to me, that kind of lays the odds against the animals and shouldn't even be considered a sport. I think hunting is fine, however, I think it should be for food, not for the fun of killing an animal. There's no respect in that. Just my opinion, and I am entitled to it. And that doesn't make me hateful either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,489 Posts
momlaffsalot said:
No, my post was not in jest, this looks like, as Rockin B said, a canned hunt and to me, that kind of lays the odds against the animals and shouldn't even be considered a sport. I think hunting is fine, however, I think it should be for food, not for the fun of killing an animal. There's no respect in that. Just my opinion, and I am entitled to it. And that doesn't make me hateful either.
What part of this looks canned to you??? that is what i would like to know :shrug:
 

·
If I need a Shelter
Joined
·
21,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CGUARDSMAN said:
What part of this looks canned to you??? that is what i would like to know :shrug:
Me too!

Now as far as killing something just for the fun.Do it all the time,some of it is for population control.Some is just for the fun of it.Such as Coyotes,Crows,and Rats.Don't eat them but fun.Have went Bear and Cougar hunting just for the fun of it.Have went on so called Canned Hunts,found them just as much a challenge as any other hunting.And yes if I went on them it was mostly for an animal that would make a nice mount. :shrug:

big rockpile
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,447 Posts
Canned hunts are far and away the most common way of hunting lion these days, particularly in South Africa. True lion hunts are outrageously expensive, especially one with such a nice clean mane and clean body. They are raised and turned loose in relatively small enclosures.
This one looks like he was blow dried and put in place. It's a young lion. The old wild ones look all gnarly and like they have lived through a battle or four.

He also isn't moving nearly as fast as lions that I have seen films of in full charge on true wild hunts. Also, not many true wild hunts are filmed. Canned hunts are.
It just looks like a canned hunt to me and I'd be shocked if it wasn't. But, I could be wrong, it has happened before....(grin)
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top