Big Bellies Everywhere! had to share

Discussion in 'Goats' started by yarrow, Jan 9, 2007.

1. yarrow

yarrow Ages Ago Acres Nubians Supporter

I ***LOVE*** this time of year. Big bellied mamas to-be, laying all over the barn. Humming to their bellies LOL. Took some pics this morning.

A group shot of some mommies to-be :
    the black (frosted ears/nose, tan trim) is Cleo
    (she's a BAR-K doe, Sire is Dogwood-Hollow, mom is a Pruittville doe)
    the blue doe behind her (with the white bellie band) is Edith
    (her mom is Emily's Many Names, dad was mostly Luck-E-G & Six-M-Galaxy
    [​IMG]

this is Charlie & Carla
    Charlie is heavy on old Amberwood/. She is bred to Emily's fomer buck, Calypso
    Carla (black & tan) is a Capering Valley Gal on her mom's side. Dad is a son of SGCH Regehers #1 Lady Tapanga (a Sparkle Plenty daughter)
    This is Charlie's 4th pregnancy and her udder is still just GLUED on. Love her
    This is Carla's second time and I can't wait to see what her's looks like.
    [​IMG]

susie, alton mo
    ages ago acres nubians

2. yarrow

Just had to share a couple more

here's Charlie again, The spotted doe is Tessie, (she's Bluff-Top, Pruittville, POF) She'll be a ff.
    [​IMG]

kind of a goofy pic, but I liked it. This is Edith & Gloria. (mother & daughter) Gloria is also a FF, she is due the end of april.
    [​IMG]

susie, who can't wait to see pics of everyone's mamas-to-be :p

3. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

4. momofmany

momofmany Dayenu farms

colo-Dado! As my enthusiatic 4 yo calls it.
    I am so jealous....but loving it. Thanks for the pictures.

5. dk_40207

dk_40207 Well-Known Member

Send some of your sunshine and dry ground our way! Great pics:)

6. yarrow

don't let the blue skies and sunshine fool you LOL. (note the boards Edith & Gloria are standing on. Until yesterday those boards were how we were avoiding ankle deep mud, in front of the barn door. It was so sticky we had to carry the last load of feed in, one sack at a time :grump: It's been an awfully wet, wet winter here. I'm so sick of muckboots. Thankfully along with the clear skies today there is a HUGE, HARD, non-stop wind blowing (hence all the chickens and turkeys hiding out in the barn with the goats. They were getting blown away and sought a less windy spot LOL) The wind is drying up a lot of the mud. Granted, our forecast is for heavy rains again, beginning friday. I know it was dry here last summer and fall, but I think enough is enough. I'd just like a couple days of sunshine in row! I know the girls are loving it. Everyone is sunbathing.
    susie

7. Country Doc

Country Doc Well-Known Member

8. Hip_Shot_Hanna

Hip_Shot_Hanna Well-Known Member

Hi Susie,

When is Charlie due? She looks just like our Julianne!

9. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

Boy, you will be having babies everywhere really soon it looks like. Good luck. How many does do you have bred?

10. yarrow

-----------------------------
    Miss Charlie is due around the 2nd week of Feb. (I bought her bred. She was pen bred so they didn't know the exact date, but she looks to be having triplets) I just love her. She's big. She's calm. She's loving. She has a nice pedigree. She has some Cold Comfort, Lots of Amberwood & Pepperwood (frosty marvin) Keinan and old Cadallic. Exactly the blend I'd been looking for to add to my herd. She is bred to Emily's former buck A PROVERBIAL CAPRINE CALYPSO He has a Goddard Farm sire (Copper-Hill Milk Man grandson) and a Goddard Farm dam (Split-Creek Spinning Top daughter) Emily says I should gets lots of spots... sure wish I could keep them all, but alas. Like Emily I'm going to have to force myself to sell most of my doelings this spring.
    So... Is Julianne bred? I'd love to see pics. Charlie actually looks a whole lot like my doe Shirley (Shirley freshened with twin does in early Nov, but is in great shape and still looks preggers LOL. I have to do double takes to see if I'm looking at her or Charlie LOL)
    susie, alton mo
    ages ago acres nubians

11. yarrow

----------------------------------------------------------
    LOL, sometimes it feels like millions LOL, but it's really only nine. Seven in feb, two late april. I'm really excited. We have added some new girls. We're expecting lots of colors/splashes/belly bands & TONS of SPOTS.
    susie, alton mo

12. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Susie they look to content and happy! I wish we would get some sunshine :Bawling: . I need to get some photos of my girls up now :p . LOL..... I have some that are just bursting at the seams but still have a month to go.....egads!

I wish my girls where not so antsy though. Susie are your girls that are due in Feb. getting antsy and grouchy with each other? I had to MAKE my girls go out (meaning I go out to the pasture with them) and have them play around and get some ants out of their pants as they are just so couped up in the barn right now (but the stubborn things won't go outside! :flame: ).

MotherClucker

13. yarrow

I wish my girls where not so antsy though. Susie are your girls that are due in Feb. getting antsy and grouchy with each other? I had to MAKE my girls go out (meaning I go out to the pasture with them) and have them play around and get some ants out of their pants as they are just so couped up in the barn right now (but the stubborn things won't go outside! :flame: ).

MotherClucker[/QUOTE]

So far there's nothing but peace & love, cud chewing & belly humming going on. There's the occasional scream and ear pull over the alfalfa pellets LOL, but that's about as bad as it's gotten. It helps that 4 of the 7 that are due are old pros in the baby dept. They just seem to spend the last couple weeks, eating and snoozing. The last thing they want to do is MOVE LOL. I've been going out in the pasture calling "goats, goats, girls come 'on!" just to get 'em out of the barn for a bit. As soon as I head back, there's a swaying, rolling stampede of bellies passing me. All I see are bugling sides, and rear ends, high tailing it back to the hay feeders LOL.
    susie

14. yarrow

realized Mattie (OLD*Glory Dodger Dan X BAR-K A Mountain Mischief) didn't really make it into the pics I posted. Would hate for her to feel left out LOL.
    [​IMG]
    susie

15. AllWolf

AllWolf We love all our animals

Very nice looking bunch of gals you have there.

Good Luck on kidding.

16. RosewoodfarmVA

RosewoodfarmVA Well-Known Member

That's a familiar sight around here too! We have 14 bred to "hatch" in the next month or so. Don't you just love it!