Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hi! Picked up this plant at a local nursery. It's not listed in my garden book and I'm curious about it. Any info out there?

Thanks, LQ

·
Adventuress--Definition 2
4,174 Posts
Google "bidens" plant (use the quotes) and you'll come up with several options. Don't know what your baby looks like but sounds like a "brand" name to me.

katy

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Katy! I do keep forgetting what a great tool GOOGLE is! LQ

·
Registered
960 Posts
When you find out let me know. We have seeds but haven't planted them yet. I have one for you. What is "Eleanore?" We have seeds for those too.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:) Hi, I did just what katy suggested and found that it's an attractive little ground hugger with yellow, daisy like flowers. Has a horrible common name, no wonder they call it Bidens! LOL

As for the "Eleanore". that sounds like a variety name. Is there a genus or species or other name on the package?

Having 80 degree weather and whining! LOL LQ

U

·
0 Posts
If the Bidens involved here are the native American variety, they are NOT a ground cover. We know them as Devil's Pitchforks around here. Flowers resemble some of the wild prairie sunflowers but the seeds have two nasty prongs. Bushy plants to 3 feet or so and their seeds stick to clothing very easily and are the Devil to pull out!

Martin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts