Bi-fold screen door?

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by moopups, May 10, 2005.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Due to space limits that about the only alternative availabile here, any body know where I can buy one? 3-0, 6-8 wood or metal. Pivot pin or hinge.

2. HUBERT

HUBERT Well-Known Member

Maybe I Can Help You ? Describe What You Need .. I Will Get Back To You Tomorrow I Work At A Place That Has These.

Thanks

3. lacyj

lacyj Well-Known Member

I was thinking of making some. I thought that maybe the louver pieces could be taken out of a closet door and replaced with screen. The bottom could stay wood or be replaced, too. If it stayed wood, the dogs wouldn't damage the screen. I see the closet doors at yard sales occasionally.

4. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

A-Yup, could just get a normal folding wood door and take out the louvers and replace them with a screen insert. A little router work should do the trick to make a suitable insert shoulder. Maybe some other trim pieces to add some thickness in the area. Then make up a screen panel and slap it in. Check your local building supply house and see what they have in stock as a starting point.

Probably got to be wood, not the plastic ones. The older and thicker the better. If you are a good woodworker could even build totally from scratch.