Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G

·
B.R., you've been in the dog house for so long that you don't even remember where you are! :p

I wouldn't suggest offering her mustache wax again.

.....Alan.

·
This is my life
3,869 Posts
I love it LOL'
must admit I have asked for things like vaccum cleaners, microwaves, even a mini tiller.

Its a homesteading thing LOL

·
Premium Member
12,677 Posts
Dh is known for giving me things like a truck cover, for HIS truck. Then again, he does sometimes surprise me, and it is a real shock when it happens, by getting something that's just for me.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I asked for more chickens or another coop. At work we have a gift exchange (everyone does gift cards) we list a couple so that the individual that draws your name will have a choice to get the card. I always list Lowes and our local feed and seed store. They all think I'm nuts. lol

·
Metal melter
7,152 Posts
What actually worries me is that lots of women really do treat their husbands like this. It has reached the point where men are wimpy little yes-men with no desire or ability to be men. It really and truly makes me gag to see what the male population has become. I see it even here on this board. Women put their husbands "in the doghouse" and then eventually wonder why they (the husband) can't or won't make decisions or take charge of the family.

It is not my husband's job to satisfy my every romantic whim and fancy. If I wanted someone wimpy and romantic (and by "romantic" I mean "willing to spend money on glittery stuff I don't need with money we don't have"), I'd hang around with a girl.

Sorry I'm ranting away, but this irks me to no end!

·
wife,mom,taxi driver,cook
6,674 Posts
While I admit that sometime it is nice getting a gift that is just for me I look at what I get as for me......hey no one else uses the vacuum! Oh and I was drooling over a cast iron pizza pan the other day.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Mammabooh, you do have a point.. I agree 100% with you.. But the doghouse, to me, is just an old joke that's been around for a long time, and JC Penney is obviously using it to sell jewelry..

and then..my husband is disabled/retired and we are both home all the time, and sometimes I kinda look over at him and think...hmmm.. But that's not to say he doesn't pull his weight, he does.. I emailed him the link and I have no doubt he is going to find it very funny and forward it to his friends.. Because they like to think of themselves as these poor souls -even when it's not true!! lolol

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
very funny!

mamabooh has a good point about demanding, high maintenance women. but that guy who gave his wife a thigh master deserved it!!

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Hey I'll take that dual bag vacuum cleaner:) I love useful gifts and I agree with mamabooh. We can be an ungrateful gender. Are we any better when getting our husbands gifts? I seriously doubt it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've asked for a dump truck load of cow poop for Christmas for the garden next year. Been asking for it every occasion for a year now. DS is in the doghouse because he can't find the time. :p

·
Metal melter
7,152 Posts
Hey I'll take that dual bag vacuum cleaner:) We can be an ungrateful gender.
That's a great way to put it!

I am acquainted with a woman who told me very recently that her husband has a terrible time buying gifts for her. I asked her why, and she said that he asks her what she wants, but she likes surprises and won't give him any ideas. Then, she hates what he gets her and she gets mad at him for it. I told her that I asked for a new crock pot since mine died last month and I thought she was going to drop over dead.

·
nosey, but disinterested
3,220 Posts
I always ask for useful things. I have a rule about jewelry. I don't wear it so he doesn't buy it. If he buys it he should not expect to see it on me because he knows I don't wear it. My very favorite gift he ever got me was an electric screwdriver.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wonder what they could do with I'll just cut you off.:eek:

Truth I really don't worry about it.We both get what we want through the year.

big rockpile

·
Registered
16,519 Posts
I like getting older and realizing that there is nothing that I want or really need. DH is free to get me whatever he wants to give, practical or otherwise. Or maybe he can jsut give me that incubator I found the receipt for in my drawer.....

I have a much harder time finding something for HIM. Fortunately, he has been on the other side of that, getting things year after year that he really didn't want after not helping me out- now HE gives me a list - or prints off the webpage and leaves it around in strategic places.....

·
Banned
9,283 Posts
My DH would be in it but he gave the Doghouse away!
My little dog always cuddled in her house and DH gave it AWAY!

Didn't even ask me about it!
Now Ginger sleeps on a cushion on the COLD garage floor:viking:

But aside from that, I really prefer much more practical gifts, too!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Big Rockpile
You wouldnt want to be in our doghouse either! There's no hay in it and the roof is caving in. So instead our dog who came with the farm sleeps just outside the front door as a daily reminder that her own house is still in disrepair.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts