Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Enabler!
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my girls came to me at 2 years and up we have not had any of the baby fun. Well I have learned that flying goats hurt!
My first experience was trying to catch one before she jumped on my patio table. I caught her alright, after smashing my hand on the table. My one knuckle still does not look right.
Today's incident was even better. I had no idea that a flying goat hitting you right under your eye feels like a brick smashed you in the face. If it turns into a bruise I swear I will scream when people stare at me wondering if my husband socked me one. :grump:
Anyway I was filling the water buckets this morning and they were running and playing and of course they have to be up my butt. One flying goat goes right my front of me as I bent down to get the water bucket and...we smacked our heads together. She fell into the bucket and I had to haul her out and my face felt like someone hit me with a brick.
I am happy to say that so far none of them are fully grown and have not knocked me out. :p

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,668 Posts
Owch! Who knew their heads were so hard? Have you thought of wearing a helmet around them? :)

NeHi

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear you got beat up but, I had to also laugh.... I could just picture it and it was a funny site since I was not the one getting beat up this time. I know how you feel, I am always covered in bruises.... Hubby and the boys are still waiting for the first time I run into the electric fence. Hope you don't get a black eye.

·
Enabler!
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YAY no black eye :dance: or people staring at me wondering :p
I think goats getting under foot is about the same thing as cats racing you up and down the stairs while you are carrying a ton of laundry.
A football helmet with body armor is probably the best.
Pets feel free to laugh, my husband had a good one last night when a 45 pound "flying" goat jumped into my lap. He said it was worth it since he had to " go all the way outside to get an answer".
I too am brusied and such. I have a nice puncture in my leg from the duck/goose fence and etc. I hope you do not run into the electric fence, you don't need to get curly hair that way!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.