Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
41,025 Posts
house. I am sure most of you have seen this type of brain teaser before. They have been around for ages, I enjoy fiddling with them and thought I would share this one with you for amusement. There are four people, all married, living in the same subdivision, Betty, Bill, Joe, and Sue. They are all avid church goers. Betty is not married to Joe, Bill cant stand ice cream, and Sue is allergic to peanuts. Bill does not live in a green house, Neither Bill nor Betty are jewish. Joe is not Catholic. Sue recently discovered she is expecting a baby boy. Assuming there has been no hanky panky going on and the babys father is indeed married to his mother... who is the babys father?

ETA. Ok, just to clarify a few things that were somewhat open for discussion in todays world.... None of these four fine people are gay, lesbian, transgenders or anything else of that nature.... Sue is married to one of the two gentlemen named in the story... as is Betty... the basic question is who is married to whom.

This is a very normal "old school" pregnancy, Sue is the one giving birth and Sues husband, who was born a boy child and grew up normally into manhood is indeed the father.

There was no milkman involved!

·
Premium Member
41,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the problem statement says only that the four named individuals are married, not that they are married to each other. Sue, Betty, Bill and Joe could each have a spouse whose name is not mentioned. As worded the answer to this puzzle is indeterminable.
Good point! Just to clarify, Sue is indeed married to one of the two men mentioned, as is Betty.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Sue is the father of Betty's son.Sue was the "Boy named Sue" all grown up and expecting his/hers first son by Betty his/her wife.Plus none of them ,for whatever reason,,can't stand the usurper Obama.:cowboy:

·
Premium Member
41,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Betty is not married to Joe, so Sue is married to Joe, Joe is the father....James
Are we absolutely sure of this???? as in.. is this your final answer? Your are just "this" close to being a millionaire, are you sure you dont want to call a friend? :)

·
Premium Member
41,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL you must be from my generation! New laws , new norms, at this point I knew a young lady whos "father" could have been Born "betty" !:shrug:
Yeppers, I am of the old school, when men were men, women were women. again for clarification here.... all of the players in this game are what their names would normally have indicated in the 50s of last century... Betty and Sue are very much women, and both Joe and Bill are indeed men. None of the players have had sex changes, nor are they gay, bi or any of the other strange things we see today.

·
Banned
8,092 Posts
I find it unlikey that Betty could be the father... something about plumbing issues. :)
That "Betty" could be a pre-op transgender . . .
and therefore 'could' be Sue's baby daddy......

Otherwise, I'd have to say it was the town's only red headed milkman.

Ginger's just don't get the credit they deserve!!!

Reactions: Evons hubby

·
Premium Member
41,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That "Betty" could be a pre-op transgender . . .
and therefore 'could' be Sue's baby daddy......

Otherwise, I'd have to say it was the town's only red headed milkman.

Ginger's just don't get the credit they deserve!!!
:umno: but thanks for the guess. :)

·
Premium Member
41,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bill & Betty are the parents. Sue is grama.
:umno: but thats another fine guess. :)

Sue is definitely to be the birth mother and her husband is definitely the "donor". This baby is coming into the world the old fashioned way.... no fancy medical procedures required at all.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts