Betty Crocker coupons... are they worth it ?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Fonzie, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Fonzie

Fonzie Well-Known Member

I was thinking about starting to save those Betty Crocker coupons you see on cereal boxes and other bakery goods. Does anybody know if it is worth the hassel of clipping those coupons or does Betty C. just want your name and address for a mailing list that they will then turn around and sell ? I thought it might be a way to be frugal and save a few bucks,since we buy the food anyways.

Thanks
    Da Fonz

2. blhmabbott

blhmabbott We're gettin' there!

I used to save those coupons when I was buying those items years ago and redeemed them for some pretty cool stuff for Christmas. The only thing they mailed me was the new catalog about twice a year. I don't recall getting a bunch of junk mail as if my name and addy had been sold. Just my experience....
    Heather

3. Ann-NWIowa

Ann-NWIowa Well-Known Member Supporter

Betty Crocker products are great, however, they are too pricey for my budget. As far as coupons go, I don't think the stuff in the catalog are a good bargains even with the coupons. The items are definitely "quality" but still too pricey. If you do decide to save the coupons, tell all your friends and family and ask them to save their's for you.

4. CraftyDiva

CraftyDiva Is anybody here?

Save them and join a coupon swap group/club. That way, you can swap for coupons you can really use for. Or even stock pile and sell them on ebay, yes they sell blocks of coupons on ebay, they sell almost anything there. ;)

5. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

Yea, check out GC, there is someone selling a toenail. :haha:

6. bluetick

bluetick Well-Known Member

7. Fonzie

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback. It does seem that things @ Betty C. are expensive.Maybe I'll have my Mother and sisters start saving the coupons.Now if I can just get my Wife to stop buying bottled water.