Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
To get a cash back of $12.50 you need to spend 2,500 dollars on a World Points Bank of America card. I do believe half of that amount will get you the same cash back on a Chase cc.

Unfortunately, unless you run alot of money through your cc, you really don't get much in the way of rewards unless you get sent some Special offers.

Oh BOA world points will accrue for 60 months before expiring. Not sure how long you can collect Chase points.

HTH
Cathy S.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Cabelas!
I also pay off my charges each month. Use it for everything, including the grocer.
Kinda like getting something for nothing in a weird sort of way ....

Kris

·
Premium Member
7,215 Posts
I use American Express for almost everything, and unlike you, I do like getting the frequent flyer points!! I believe the card has been altered/amended (by Amex) so that I could carry a revolving credit amount if I wanted to (I don't), but until recently, you had to pay it off each month, which is a very good thing. Getting enough points for a free ticket comes quickly, and getting upgrades on a purchased ticket comes even quicker. Best wishes in finding the card that works best for you.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I have a Nesteggs cards. I get 1% back on all purchases and since we always pay our balance off each month, I like the 1% discount I get.

The deal with Nesteggs is you can put it in your retirement account. I have mine direct deposited to my ROTH IRA. Once they have about $25.00 in your account, they do the transfer. Of course, you can also have it deposited into your regular bank account or even have a check sent to your house.

I prefer the retirement account as it's extra money - no use in tempting myself of spending it by having it put in the bank or check mailed to my home. And since it's in my retirement account, it grows income tax free. (Of course, the downside is you really can't get it until you retire - well you can, but you know what I mean.)

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
I have a citibank card that pays 1% back everywhere, 2% back at gas stations, grocery stores and drugstores. It used to pay 5% cash back at those places, but I think too many people were racking up the cash :shrug: and not carrying a balance. Can't imagine who that might have been... :angel:

Lance carries an amazon card that gives 1 point for all purchases, 3 points for any amazon purchases, when you reach 2500 you get a $25 gift certificate for amazon. Same deal, doesn't matter if you pay it off or carry a balance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.