Best power tub/tile scrubber??

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Organizing' started by Ann Mary, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Ann Mary

Ann Mary Well-Known Member Supporter

I am looking for a good power scrubber for tubs/tile showers. I have tried the Hurricane power scrubber.....too wimpy! Is there a tough one out there?? Thank you!

2. Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon New Member

Pretty sure you can find a YouTube video where one attaches a scrubber brush to a drill... if I am understanding your post...

3. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

I still think I take the tops in power scrubbers with two sets of arms etc. Problem with the drill is it gets hot where the brush is and that tends to either smush the stuff all over the tub or burn the surface if it is not porcelain or steel

Autumn Moon likes this.
  4. Ann Mary

I have only one good arm due to lymphodema and I clean houses to help make ends meet.But my good arm is my left...and I'm right handed! So I was just trying to find something that actually WORKS to help scrub a big walk in shower that I have to clean.I use a vinegar based cleaner and let it set but.....still needs scrubbing! Any recipes for a super duper homemade spray cleaner that isn't going to knock me over with strong fumes??

Irish Pixie likes this.
  5. copperhead46

copperhead46 Well-Known Member Supporter

I mix a spray bottle with about half hydrogen peroxide, a couple of squirts of dawn or shampoo, and fill with tap water. The peroxide is cheap, and it really helps with the moldy color of grout. It still requires some scrubbing, but it doesn't knock me out with the fumes.

Ann Mary likes this.
  6. Ann Mary

7. Txsteader

Txsteader Well-Known Member

Perhaps baking soda added to your vinegar solution would help your scrubber do a better job?