Best place to order

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Randy Dandy, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Randy Dandy

Randy Dandy Well-Known Member

I'll be ordering a small quanity of blackberries. Could someone tell me which one of these places they prefer to order from and why ? Raintree, or Stark Bro's. Thanks, Randy

2. Marcia in MT

Marcia in MT Well-Known Member Supporter

I'd like to suggest that you call around to greenhouses and nurseries in your area, especially the smaller independents, and ask what they are getting. While a lot of people assume that these outfits are more expensive than catalogs, that's simply not the case. Besides, they'll know what varieties should do well in your area, and it always helps everyone to shop locally . . .

3. diane

diane Well-Known Member

I have never done business with Raintree, but we have used Stark Bros. for many years and always been very happy with their service and plants and trees.

4. Randy Dandy

Randy Dandy Well-Known Member

Thank you both very much. I will check around locally. My wife think she knows of a place that might carry them about 20 miles from here. I will also compare and consider Stark Bro's due to the long term customer satisfaction you've recieved. Thanks, Randy

5. 3girls

3girls Well-Known Member

For those who are closer to the West Coast, Raintree is a great place to do business with. I got a number of trees, soft fruits, even lemons and limes, from them. I went down there once and got another big order later. I think I used the phone and got lots of good advice about pollination, and timing from them. I tried to have apples over the longest period I could. They are very good people to deal with and their product is top drawer.

6. MsPacMan

MsPacMan Well-Known Member

I bought ten fruit trees from Stark Bros. this past year -- much better quality than the ones I could buy locally, and they are very easy to work with. I'll order a few more plum trees this spring from Stark Bros, plus a lot of strawberries.

I highly recommend them, just as they were highly recommended to me by other gardeners and my MIL.